Author Topic: Why personal details?  (Read 1987 times)

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Why personal details?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 December 05 23:38 GMT (UK) »
I think the prices down the side are sort of comparison 'this is what it's worth' type prices. The actual subscription is nearer to 5 pounds a month for all of them.
I suppose it could be worth it if you really need Lancashire or London and can't wait for Ancestry or (more likely) British Origins.

Angela
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi ST

I have a hotmail address - when folks require all those details I simply make myself up a new set & use my hotmail - I usually take off 25 years & get rid of the family  ;D  ;D 

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jones the Search

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 12:09 GMT (UK) »
I am subscribed to The Genealogist  and I agree with you , you have no Idea what is available until you subscribe. I am still waiting for some census material after being with them for nearly a year >:(
What areas and and dates do you need? I will check out what is available for you if you like. :)
No Cutting and Pasting will be involved in my reply :D :D :D

Patricia
Short: Lincolnshire; India;London;Scotland; Limerick; Belfast<br />Lane: Surrey/London/Northampton/Hereford/Cheshire/Staffordshire<br />Occomore: Hampshire; London<br />Heaton: Yorkshire; Derbyshire;London
Cutts: London;Derbyshire; Yorkshire;Lancashire
One Name Study -  OCCOMORE
~~~~~~~~-------

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 12:38 GMT (UK) »
I am subscribed to Genealogist and this caused me some problems: I have family in Shoreditch, Hackney area and every other website I have used to search I look under Middlesex.  So I subscribed to Genealogist for 1841 census in Middlesex.  Of course before I subscribed I could find nothing telling me the coverage and I found out afterwards that this is the only site where Middlesex means Middlesex and not London!!!

I actually emailed them and complained and they changed my subscription to London for me.  But I find it highly unsatisfactory that if they are going for a different coverage from every other site on the www, then they should at least explain that.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  When my subscription runs out I won't be bothering again, I will just wait for ancestry.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Jones the Search

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Here here! >:( Kerry
Me too.
I am just going to cancel the Direct Debit from the Bank, that way I won't have to pay for another useless quarter.

They don't deserve our custom ::)

Patricia
Short: Lincolnshire; India;London;Scotland; Limerick; Belfast<br />Lane: Surrey/London/Northampton/Hereford/Cheshire/Staffordshire<br />Occomore: Hampshire; London<br />Heaton: Yorkshire; Derbyshire;London
Cutts: London;Derbyshire; Yorkshire;Lancashire
One Name Study -  OCCOMORE
~~~~~~~~-------