Author Topic: Request Cancelled  (Read 1455 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Request Cancelled
« on: Tuesday 06 December 05 00:09 GMT (UK) »
I have a connection to wales,I have a Winifred Francis Sharp that died in Tonteg.The gedcom and generation files where not compiled by me and it does not give a date of death.Winifred's Parents were Deborah sharp nee Greatorex and  Unknown Sharp. Who came from Stafford,I want to see if there were any sharps in wales 1880's or 90's.I have asked for a lookup in Stafford on the 1881 census because i cant find them.Nor can i find them in wales. so need help again, all the dates should be right. because the files were compiled  by a man who has researched Greatorex for 30 years.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Request Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Sorry only now just saw you had cancelled!

Only bmd reference for Winifred Sharp.  Do not know if it is applicable to you.

Sharp, Winifred
Birth /Qtr Sept /1893 /Vol 11a /Pg 334 
Cardiff 
Glamorgan

Unable to locate any given names in 1881/1891/1901

For reference - Tonteg is near Pontypridd Mid Glamorgan

Sorry could not be more help.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Request Cancelled
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 December 05 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cas
Yes the the birth reference will be usefull thank you for that Winifred Francis Sharp is the one that died in Tonteg but the record doesn't say when.The Reason i cancelled was because i wanted a lookup in both Stafford & Wales,and you cant put a lookup for Stafford on the Welsh board ;D . So wasn't expecting the vice versa. D.M.P sent me the 1881 census,they were still in Cannock, on the 1891 the family were in Cardiff.1901 they were back in Stafford . My family were glued in Stafford don't think any of them climbed over the fence.If they did they got homesick and went back ;D I will now have to recheck all the information  on my Greatorex tree sent to me 4 years ago as a Gedcom.Plus files.Because i was sent the marriage ref for Winifred's Parents,which is three years after the date on my records
thats the forth change in 2 weeks. I cant understand it, the man that compiled all the information was a genealogist and a collector of greatorex Names for over 30 years.With access i to every record available.Sorry getting carried away ::)
Celia P.S why dose your post say received at 3.21 when i received it 14.15, just curious
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885