Author Topic: Help with Moores of Drumquin.  (Read 2261 times)

Offline 1pompey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help with Moores of Drumquin.
« on: Tuesday 06 December 05 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to find information about the family of Joseph Moore from Drumquin, born August 1870. The only information I have so far is from the IGI and according to that, his parents were Thomas Moore and Anne Thornton.
I know the names of Josephs brothers and sisters and know that he moved to Paisley in Scotland and married Isa Hamilton in 1916.
I believe that most of the records from Northern Ireland were destroyed and was wondering if anyone has an idea of my next move. Is there anywhere to get a birth certificate. I believe he was a member of the presbyterian church in Drumquin.

Thanks for looking!

Michael.

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Moores of Drumquin.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 December 05 02:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, ;D

the General Registry Office of Northern Ireland holds birth registration from 1864 onwards.

It is possible to order the certificates online at a cost of 7 pounds sterling. If you have a problem filling out some of the required information just send them an email. I have done this on a few occasions when I didn't know when, or exactly where, a birth or marriage took place. Each time a search was carried out and the certificate provided - the earliest I obtained was for 1886.

Here is a link to their site -

www.groni.gov.uk/ - 3k -

Regards
Darcy

Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Moores of Drumquin.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 December 05 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Michael:

I took a quick look at a Google for Moore,Drumquin and found some possible leads for you. Here is the link.
 http://www.google.com/search?q=moore+drumquin&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&start=0&sa=N

Good luck,

Pat
Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland