Author Topic: John Weave/Waver  (Read 2854 times)

Offline dizzi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
John Weave/Waver
« on: Tuesday 06 December 05 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Need help before i go crazy ,,i have John Weaver c1781-1835 born Witney and Richard Weaver 1779 -1852 born Witney (on 1851 Richard is at Ascot-Under-Wychwood) but i can't find anything about birth etc,,,parents or even where they were born,,,,,or are they even brothers,,,,,,, help please,,,,,, ;D 8) :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After searcheds at Record office have tracked down my illusive ancestor,
he  is in fact down as John WAVER  1784 later Weaver  from Blackbourton father Joseph 1759 mother Rachel Ward,  Josephs father is Stephen  WEAVER/WEAVEN wife ISRAEL /.surname depends on which child,now who is Stephen and who is  Israel,cant find them Stephen and Israel also had a son Stephen 1746 ,
I am unable to get to the records office so help needed please ;D ;D ;D
Finch/streatham
Lock/Bow-Sunbury
Hales/Ireland-Sunbury
Mansfield/Cardiff-london-middlesex
Brookings /Brookins/Witney-Streatham
Lynn/London
Hook/Westerham Kent
coleman / ireland
terry / london
Weaver/Crawley/Witney

Offline Oxfordshire FHS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Richard & John Weaver
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 December 05 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gwen

I've spent some time trying to work this one out for you, using this society's transcription and index to the 1841 census of Oxfordshire and North Berkshire, as well as our incomplete Oxfordshire Baptism Index 1538-1851. The picture is fuzzy, to say the least.

A question for you before I go on. How confident are you as to the accuracy of the names, dates and places that you've quoted ? What sources do they come from ? I ask because I have some possible "hits", but with maybe a ten year difference in age. I won't waste further time on them if you're sure of your dates !

Best wishes.

Paul Gaskell
Minutes Secretary and Publicity Officer
Oxfordshire Family History Society
Web : www.ofhs.org.uk
E-mail : publicity@ofhs.org.uk