Author Topic: Offer: Southampton archives look-ups  (Read 2955 times)

Offline ebcoe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Offer: Southampton archives look-ups
« on: Tuesday 07 September 04 20:43 BST (UK) »
I am quite near to Southampton Civic Centre, where they have an Archive of local BMD plus Kellys directories. If anyone would like me to look up anything this end, I am quite happy to oblige.
EB:)

Offline Howard D. Blair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: Southampton archives look-ups
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Dear ebcoe, I have in the past ordered from Southampton City Archives. And I did ask for help on my ancestors, but they said that they had not the time to do extensive searches. I have ordered from them several Wills of my Parker ancestors, and a map and book called, Southampton in 1620 and the Mayflower. These are my prize possessions.

I am looking for data on my Parker, Elzey and Barlow folks that were in Southampton between 1500 and 1649. I do know from their early Wills that they were Puritans. A professor at a university in Wales told me. He asked if I wanted them to be translated into todays English., of course I said YES! He also asked if he could have a copy of these Wills to have his students to work on them.

I have been stumped for many years now, trying to also find the Pots and Ships name that my George, Ann and Robert Parker came on. They were 'transported' by a Mr. Ralph Barlow in Elizabeth City County, Virginia, and acquired land for this.

Any information on these folks would certainly be appreciated.
Howard D. Blair
Parker, Elzey & Barlow, 1500-1649 in Southampton, Eng. Cade maybe Devon, Eng.?

Parker, Cade, Selby, Truitt & more, 1649-1900's in Accomac & Northampton Co's., VA, and Worcester & Somerset Co's., MD.