Author Topic: Givens & Normand of Dysart  (Read 7367 times)

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Givens & Normand of Dysart
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 February 06 03:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leslie, I didn't have the names of Janet Hendersons and Peter Givens children and for the life of me I could not find out the birth of Hannah Duncan Givens.  I don't know why because I use Scotlands people too.

I think James Wemyss born 1905, died in childhood (told this by his sister).  I know a little bit more about the family but don't want to post here, as I am not sure of how many decendants there are from James generation in Scotland.  I have not met them.  I must go through my parents old mail because I think we were still receiving mail from them 10 years ago, mum might of kept something?

I know they are not internet savy, so I could only write to them.  My grandmother was the youngest so her and James generation could all be gone now?
Melissa

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline helpmaboab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 February 06 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Melissa, I got the names of the children from the 1881 census when they lived in Hot Pot wynd - what a great name! I know what you mean about giving out details of the more recent names, I'm a bit reluctant that way myself, you always feel you might just be infringing the privacy of their descendants.
 I'm more interested in the further back people.             Lesley

Offline jings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 03:55 GMT (UK) »
Dear helpmaboab,

Hiya Sis -  this's  wierd. I've been browsing for details of granpaw (seeing as how we've turned into the Broons) John Howieson (c1890 - 1913) and Google plopped me here.

Oor Neil
Sittin' oan a bucket

Offline jings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 October 06 04:06 GMT (UK) »
PS (helpmaboab),

If you have info on Dad's side of family, could do with whatever collected info you've got!

Offline helpmaboab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 16 February 07 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Bro  ;D fancy meeting you here, and it's only taken me 6 months to see the message - my usual speed these days!  I'll send you what I've got pronto. Will be in touch shortly.  Wish we had a photo of Grandfather John, but no such luck yet.  xxxxxxxxxxx :-*  Lesley

Offline Okciv

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 May 21 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry to revive such an old thread but this came up via a google search on the  name Normand of Dysart. I'm a relative too and would loge to pick your brain is possible?

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 03:36 BST (UK) »
Okciv, I am still around. I have tribal pages tree with some Normand people on it.  Maybe it could help?
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)