Author Topic: Edgars at Rockcliffe cumberland  (Read 1183 times)

Offline janjan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Edgars at Rockcliffe cumberland
« on: Friday 09 December 05 22:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi does anyone have any infomation about the edgar familys that lived at rockcliffe /cargo in the 1850s onwards,im trying to find the marrage of a john edgar and a jane brown(previously johnstone) who were neighbours in the 1851 census and then married with family in the 1861,im also having trouble finding the birth entry for there daughter georgina edgar around 1854? i have a baptism but a couple of years later, any one got any ideas?
  ???

Offline lorimer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edgars at Rockcliffe cumberland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 December 05 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Checked out the Rockcliffe church records today regarding your request, information as follows:-

Three children all baptised on the same day, 1858
September 19th Georgina Edgar
September 19th David Edgar
September 19th Ann Edgar
Parents, John and Jane Edgar, John was a labourer, they lived at Todhills, just outside Rockcliffe and Cargo. 

I will list the other children I found, but I'm not sure wether these one's belong to you!

November 14th , 1858 Robert, parents John & Jane Edgar. (Floristown), Rockcliffe
November 4th, 1860, Elizabeth, parents John & Jane Edgar. (Floristown), Rockcliffe.

July 24th, 1864, Eleanor, parents John & Jane Edgar.

December 8th, 1867,William and Joseph, parents, John & Jane Edgar, father then listed as Inn Keeper.

I also noticed on the IGi 1881 Census, Jane Edgar and children.

Sorry could not find the marriage that you requested.

Regards
Louise

Merry Christmas.
My email address is not working sorry
Cumberland; Graham, Ogilvie, McCauley, Darling, Underwood,Atkinson, Losh, Heylin,Tinning.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline janjan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Edgars at Rockcliffe cumberland
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 June 06 20:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise,
    thanks for the help sorry i have just came across the message now,a bit late i know !!
 i have found the birth of georgina under the edgar spelt with an e (edger) but still no marrage,
 thanks again for your help
       janice