Author Topic: Coopers from Carlisle  (Read 1095 times)

Offline woowoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Coopers from Carlisle
« on: Sunday 11 December 05 15:56 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the birth of Florence Cooper born 1/2/1910.  Her death certificate says she was born in Leytonstone but we can't find her and my father in law seems to think she was born up north somewhere.  I have searched the 1837online and it states there was one born in Carlisle area around the same time.  Her father was Robert if that is any help.

Can anybody please help me ???

Offline Geoff E

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Coopers from Carlisle
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 December 05 16:10 GMT (UK) »
I guess you have

Q1 1910 Carlisle 10b 572

There's also (according to Ancestry/FreeBMD)

Q1 1910 West Ham 4a 218

West Ham district includes Leyton

West Ham
Created 1st July 1837.
Sub-districts : Canning Town; Forest Gate; Leyton; North East Ham; North Leyton; Plaistow; South East Ham; South Leyton; Stratford; Walthamstow; Wanstead; West Ham.
GRO volumes : XII (1837-51); 4a (1852-1930).

Cann Hall, East Ham, Leyton, Little Ilford, Walthamstow, Wanstead, West Ham, Woodford.

** If it's thought necessary to edit this for copyright reasons, please just remove the bit after the line of ******s

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline woowoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Coopers from Carlisle
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 December 05 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Yes but the West Ham one I sent off for the birth certificate and it was the wrong one.  This disheartened me a bit as I can't afford to waste money sending off for loads of different ones.  I think there was also one in the Stepney area as well but I am not too sure.  Considering this is my father in laws mother he doesn't know too much about her and I am really stuck as we can't get started on this side of the family. 

many thanks for the info though

Wendy