Author Topic: Help needed with Harper family in 1901!  (Read 2006 times)

Offline ~Rachel~

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with Harper family in 1901!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 December 05 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that!

I'm still totally stumped with them in 1901, I bet they're hiding behind a simple spelling mistake but I've tried all I can think of! Think it's time to step away from the computer and give it some careful thought beause it's driving me mad!
Waite, Marchant, Nash, Goddard, Pocock, Hiles, Switzer, Larondie, Harris, Radford, Monger, Harper, Harris, Sixsmith, Fitzgerald.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 December 05 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Yes, sometimes it's best to forget about surnames altogether and just use forenames/ages/birthplaces to search.

It looks as though Susannah Maria was born in Greenwich, Kent - have you tried searching for any Sus............. or Mar............ b.Greenwich about the time (give or take a year or two) she was born? 

Just thinking that she might be easier to locate than William given that his birthplace is likely to vary on the census due to the area in which he was "born" :-\  Have you looked for him in 1891 to see if there are any further clues ie. children that may help to locate them later on?

Casalguidi :)

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ~Rachel~

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 December 05 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Just tried that, thanks, but nothing jumped out. I've searched for the address on the marriage cert as well but a different family are living there. Also tried searching an address I know they were at in 1907, but to no avail.

I wonder where they've got to!
Waite, Marchant, Nash, Goddard, Pocock, Hiles, Switzer, Larondie, Harris, Radford, Monger, Harper, Harris, Sixsmith, Fitzgerald.