Author Topic: Cemetrys  (Read 2177 times)

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Cemetrys
« on: Tuesday 13 December 05 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi is there a Cemetry in Nantwich would it be possible to see picture
thank you :'(

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetrys
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 December 05 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mallow
Yes there is a cemetery in Nantwich,i thought i might find  a photo on the net for you,but i cant find a singe one,so maybe it's a large cem with no focus piont so not possible to take photo's.Someone living near or therabouts can probebly tell you more.Sorry i couldnt help.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

AK

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 December 05 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mallow,
I live in Nantwich and call tell you that there is a cemetery on the outskirts of the town. It is fairly small but believe that it is old. There is no church nearby so don't know the origins of how it was located there.

Is a municipal cemetery and Crewe and Nantwich Borough Council would be able to assist you with this. Would not be easy to photograph the site.

Let me know if there is a specific grave, or name that you require and it would be no problem to look for this.

There are other cemeteries in the area, surrounding churches in the main. The one at Acton, about 2 miles from the town, has a very old graveyard and seems to have covered quite a wide area.

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 December 05 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mallow

And Hi AK...I too live in Nantwich!!

There's Whitehouse Lane Cemetery 1875 onwards and....

Barony Road before that which was controlled by St Mary's Parish Church in Nantwich....I live across the road from this one....if I can help anymore let me know!!!

Sarah :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 December 05 19:48 GMT (UK) »
hi mallow,there are these,but not sure if they all still exist.
barnton cemetary opened 1889
northwich cemetary opened 1890,it belonged to the northwich burial board,for the parishes of witton and danebridge,it contains the towns war memorial
weaver united methodist burial ground,darnhall
regards mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Sarah, Mac and Ak, I dont know the name of Cemetry only know it was Nantwich, would be very grateful for any look up help. I am looking for Grave of Annie C Burchill death 1940 age about 80 or Ethel Hammond death about 1945 age about 68 possibly buried in same grave or nearby. maybe look at St Marys 1st :)

AK

Re: Nantwich cemetery.
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mallow,
Happy New Year to you!

Will look at the graves in the cemetery on Barony Road. I live within walking distance of this so no trouble. Get back to you in due course.

Do you have an idea of where your ancestor lived as this may help determine the location of the grave?

Know that the council can help locate burials so may be an idea to try if I do not succeed.

I looks as if I live near Sarah from what she has said! Small world!!

Best wishes,

AK

Offline mallow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Many Happy Returns to you AK, and thank you very much for your offer. My Ancester lived at Eccleshall . But rumour has it that she spent time in a  Nursing Home in Cheshire before she died, and as she died during the war,  It was probably a case of the nearest Cemetry to that Home I hope that is of some help. :)

AK

Re: Cemeteries in Nantwich.
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mallow,

Have had a good look in the cemetery on Barony Road and cannot locate the graves you mentioned. Having said this, the graveyard is somewhat neglected and many of the stones have gone,or are illegible.

This site is still in use but most of the graves got back to late 1800s. Many from c1930 and a number in the period you want.

Suggest you ask the council to provide details as to whether they have graves listed for the people you want. Know of others who have found their relatives' graves here in this way.

Best of luck,

AK.