Author Topic: 1901 Census..Scotland ??????  (Read 1048 times)

Offline LancsLass

• I am sorry but my emails address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • All Census information is Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
1901 Census..Scotland ??????
« on: Tuesday 13 December 05 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everyone.......Wonder if anyone with access to the 1901 for Scotland could do me a look up for
Alexander Bryden..born 1894 Canada....The family history is he came back to Scotland/England with his mother as a baby leaving  his Father and brothers back in Canada.. he was in Lancashire in the early 1920's..although how long he had been here is unknown........Any help most appreciated.....
LancsLass.
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.
Mallalieu/Mellodew. Ashton-u-Lyne/Saddleworth.

Offline Clare Fowler

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.clarefowler.co.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census..Scotland ??????
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 December 05 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I have had a quick look on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and can find one Alexander BRYDEN that is aged 5 and two that are aged 9.  There is also an 8 year old Alexander BRYDON, and another aged 10.  However, I didn't have enough credits to view any images, to see if any of them were given as born in Canada

The site has images of the census returns and is pay per view.  30 credits will cost £6 (smallest amount you can buy). Viewing search results costs 1 credit per 'page', and images 'cost' 5 credits.

I hope this helps a little

Cheers,
Clare
ELLIOT, CROZIER, HAY, AITCHISON, COWAN - Roxburghshire
BETT - Kinross-shire, Fife and Glasgow
CHAMBERS, BRUFF, WESTMACOTT - Glasgow
And many, many more...

Offline LancsLass

• I am sorry but my emails address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • All Census information is Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census..Scotland ??????
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 December 05 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Clare...Thank you so much for looking..i had put the request on the England site as (Alexander ended up in Lancashire before going back to Canada) and there has been one hit thats looks very promising indeed..Right age, born Canada with a family that shares the surname of his mother..
But thanks again..i do appreciate your time..
Merry Christmas..... :)LL
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.
Mallalieu/Mellodew. Ashton-u-Lyne/Saddleworth.