Author Topic: Where do I find the death of a gtgtgrandparent  (Read 5955 times)

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Where do I find the death of a gtgtgrandparent
« on: Thursday 15 December 05 21:47 GMT (UK) »
 :-\ Can anyone tell me where I can find the details of a death in Cheshire. I have looked on the Free bmd. This was my gtgtgrandmother Emily Doyle she was with her family on the 1861 census at Swine Market Nantwich by 1871 her husband Michael was a widower living at Seaville Street Chester By 1881 Michael was a patient at the Little sisters Home for the Poor and aged in Birkenhead I cannot find his death details either. Can anyone help me please.  Tess :(

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I find the death of a gtgtgrandparent
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 December 05 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Cheshire BMD http://www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ has full coverage of most areas of the county: I can see a likely death for Michael in Birkenhead in 1887, aged 68.

;)

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 December 05 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tess, I found an illusive death here www.familyrelatives.org/ it's worth a look. good luck ::)
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 December 05 22:11 GMT (UK) »
I looked at the 1871 census, and I think I've found another possibility for Michael, boarding in New Rd, Barrowford, Lancs

RG10/4158/33/14
Michael Doyle  Boarder  Mar  55  Mill Machinist  b. Edendely, Co Sligo
George Doyle  Son  Unm  20  Mill Machinist  b. Longton, Staffs

A Nicholas -do- has been squeezed in between George and the following boarder, but there are no other details for him.

George seems to match the Michael G Doyle listed as Michael and Emily's son on the 1861 census.  On this entry, Michael is "married", not "widowed", but goodness knows where Emily is...  :-\

Rambler

ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 December 05 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi,  Many thanks for that info. Do you think Emily may be with the other son Patrick J Doyle born Liverpool in 1848. Do you think he could be married?
On the 1871 census at Barrowford. Did it say Nicholas was a son to Michael? Could he be on the 1881 census Ifound George my gt grandfather on that one, even though it was a little mixed up. Thanks Tess ;D

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 16 December 05 16:44 GMT (UK) »
It's not very clear who Nicholas is - he's been squeezed into the same box as the boarder below him in the list, and there's just the name, with no age or other details.  He's listed as Nicholas -do-, (which logically should mean Doyle), but it looks more as if he belongs with the next family.

I'll have another look for Patrick and Emily.    :)

Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 16 December 05 22:16 GMT (UK) »
I think we can ignore Nicholas - I've had another look at the image, and finally think it's an extra forename for the first person in the next family, and the ditto marks are just a smudge.  Sorry for the confusion!  ::)

No joy finding Emily or Patrick, I'm afraid.   :(

I can see Michael/George in 1881 and his widow in 1891 and 1901 - let me know if you need thoses censuses.

;)

Rambler

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 16 December 05 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rambler, thanks for looking for me. I have the details for 1881 91 & 1901. But thanks anyway.It was the death of Emily and Michael that puzzled me, I just don't know where she and Patrick went to.. Michael George was married to Agnes Maguire and her parents seemed to disappear after Agnes was born. Agnes surfaced in 1881 along with Michael (George) and family. Where she and her parents went after she was born in 1849 is a complete mystery. What strange relations I have!! I haven't the faintest idea of what to do next. I have been in this position for a long while now and I really feel like giving up. Thanks again. Theresa :'(

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 18 December 05 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Theresa
I found the same death year in B/Head as rambler,but on the U.K.B.M.D.You can always send for the death certificate.
He would be a widow on the certificate.As you know his wifes name.If it doesn't match the one on the cert,they wont send it,so you wont loose your money.Its worth a try I cant see any mention of the age on the census for Michael but its the only one i found.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885