Author Topic: E.R. Kewley Rifle Brigade  (Read 13127 times)

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: E.R. Kewley Rifle Brigade
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 18 December 05 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Andy,

If you can find a photo of E.R. Kewley that will be terrific. It will really finish off the whole of the detail I have on him ( mainly contributed by your goodself).

I am truely impressed with the scale and scope of your project on the Rifle Brigade and would like to add my good wishes to those already stated.

Once again many thanks,

Brian
Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 18 December 05 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Brian,
Will start looking tomorrow for you. Thank you for your good wishes on the project, the more I think about it the more I realise what a task it is. With the scale of the thing it will contain only the military data, the family information will have to be checked by the individual.
The Medal Rolls, War Diaries and such like I have nearly completed by photography, its just getting the thing to gel together and flow as I would like it to.
I just hope that it proves not too difficult task in the long run as I think it would be a fitting tribute to all the men that served in the Regiment. There are several people, that I know of, working on similar projects for different Regiments. Lets just hope that we can all get a workable database up and running.

Andy
The Rifle Brigade in WW1, particularly the 8th Battalion.

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 20 December 05 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy,

This is going to be of enormous benefit to those researching family members of the Brigade. I know too well the difficulties encounted in trying to wean information from diverse sites on family members.
I wish you well with your project.
Brian

Arnold ( Lancs ). Gordon ( Lancs, Scotland ). Dowling. ( Ireland, England, Massachusetts, Australia, Buenos Aires ) Pugh ( Pew) ( Cheshire & Lancs). Cordial ( Ireland )

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 18:44 GMT (UK) »
If anyone has any photographs of E.R. Kewley I would be very grateful if they could post them on this section.
Many thanks to Andy of all of the research he has done for me.

Regards
Brian

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian,
Sorry for the delay in finding this picture, been a bit bogged down as of late. Will start hunting again for this picture.

Andy

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 02 January 06 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian,
Got him, although not the picture I remember so I will keep looking for you. The picture I have so far found is a group of officers at Aldershot in 1919.

Andy

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 02 January 06 22:24 GMT (UK) »
This site is fairly new to me, I seem unable to post an image of the picture. If you would care to contact me I will e mail the picture over to you.

Andy

Offline Andy Pay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 02 January 06 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Brian,
In my search for the photo of Kewley I have also come across a few more little snippets re Kewley in 1921. Nothin major but it all helps to build a pictue. If you need them let me know.

Andy

Offline Brian1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 02 January 06 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy,

Many thanks for the photograph, it is really wonderful to be able to put a face to the man I have been researching. I have such a great deal of information on him, thanks in the main to you, it is just wonderful to see what he looked like.

Any additional photographs or information would be greatfully appreciated.

Regards
Brian