Author Topic: just getting started  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: just getting started
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 December 05 04:29 GMT (UK) »
Aww Shucks Chris. Thanks for the compiliment and for the Christmas wishes. The same to you and to all who read this board. A bit of a reprobate, did you say?  Naw, I think you are right up there as a full-fledged one! I know, it takes one to know one.
  Chris, with the mother being an Irving, do you think that would indicate somewhere in Ulster?

Pat
Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 December 05 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Pat,

Did you ask that question on purpose? Could you not throw a hard one like that at someone else? lol. I much prefer an easier question. lol.  During the period 1848-64 there were four families with the surname Irving in Ireland -
2 in Co. Antrim, 1 in Co. Cork and 1 in Co. Kildare http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php
A bit of a variation in the spelling and it might qualify as an Ulster name http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/surname/index.cfm

Chris

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 December 05 04:53 GMT (UK) »
Chris:
Really, I hadn't thought of that but yes, there were quite a variety of spellings now that I think of it.

Pat
Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 December 05 05:11 GMT (UK) »
Aww Shucks Chris. Thanks for the compiliment and for the Christmas wishes. The same to you and to all who read this board. A bit of a reprobate, did you say?  Naw, I think you are right up there as a full-fledged one! I know, it takes one to know one.
  Chris, with the mother being an Irving, do you think that would indicate somewhere in Ulster?

Pat

Pat,

If the name was Irvine rather than Irving I would say
" Yes, definitely the name would indicate an Ulster family. "

All the best, Chris