Author Topic: Morrison and/or Smiths Land, Duntocher  (Read 8522 times)

Offline missy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Morrison and/or Smiths Land, Duntocher
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 February 06 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Winniep, So sorry for not getting back to you sooner have been away for a bit.
  Actually some of the people that I am looking for are from a very early date but maybe you can give it a try and see what you come up with .
 The first is an Archibald Ferguson born abt 1795 and was married April 13 1816 to a Elizabeth Campbell born abt 1799. They were married in Greenock . They had Adam born June 1821, John born 1824 and Alexander born 1827, don't know if there are any other children.
    Secondly is a John Ferguson born April 3 1824 in Dunbarton and was married to a Mary Frazer born Jan 18 1819 in Scarva Down Ireland. And their children John born abt 1851 , Elizabeth born abt 1847 and lastly Samuel born abt 1853-54 all in the Dumbarton area.
    Hope this isn't too much to ask of you I have really hit a brick wall here and have even tried writing to people of Ferguson over there to see if any are related but sad to say I got no responses. I thank you for taking the time to answer me and hope to hear from you soon.

Ferguson, Munro, McQuater, Rew, all of Dumbarton.

Offline winniep

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 February 06 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Missy

Its alright taking so long to reply I am a bit like that myself. I am checking my e-mail at work so as I am off for the weekend I will check and see if I can find any information for you get back as soon as possible

Winniep :)

Offline LindsaySiam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 September 06 03:02 BST (UK) »
To return to John Morrison the Butcher ....  thanks to The Scotsman who published an obituary in 1940 when he died, I know now that he had been a member of the Old Kilpatrick Parish Council and Landward Committee, and later represented Hardgate Division on Dumbarton County Council.

He was also a member of Old Kilpatrick District Council and Clydebank and District Water Trust.

He didn't have any grandchildren from his two children - a son and a daughter - but he did have 8 siblings all living in the Duntocher/OK area, does the above ring any bells with anyone?

Many thanks,

Lindsay
MORRISON - Dunbartonshire, Stirlingshire
STIRLING - Stirlingshire
LINDSAY - Perthshire
MELDRUM - Fife, Angus
GIBSON - Lanarkshire
HEWITT - Wigtownshire, Lanarkshire
MEIKLE - Dunbartonshire

All census information Crown Copyright

Offline missy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 October 06 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hello fraid John Morrison the butcher doesn't ring a bell with me, so sorry. I am still looking for Alexander Morrison who married  Mary Jane Ferguson. When Mary Jane passed in 1956 in Dumbarton her son-in-law Thomas Humphries signed off on the legal documents. He was living at Beechwood Terrace in Dumabrton at the time and her and Alexander were at Greenend Ave. Hoping someone sees something familiar here and contacts me. I , thank you all so much.

Offline LindsaySiam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 06 October 06 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Missy, you might be better to start your Alexander as a new topic ...

Do you have Alexander and Mary Jane's marriage certificate? Do you know who his parents were?

regards,

Lindsay
STIRLING - Stirlingshire
LINDSAY - Perthshire
MELDRUM - Fife, Angus
GIBSON - Lanarkshire
MEIKLE - Dunbartonshire

Offline missy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 07 October 06 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hi there, No, am afraid all I have so far is Mary Janes death certificate haven't been able to find the marriage as yet. I will make another post for Alexander and see if that helps. I thank you for your
help much appreciate it.  Missy

Ferguson
Munro,
McQuater
McTavish,
Meikle
Fraser
Campbell

Offline LindsaySiam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 08 October 06 02:12 BST (UK) »
Missy, there is only one marriage for an Alexander Morrison and Mary Jane Frazer Ferguson in Dunbartonshire on SP.  Funny thing is that when I looked for it now, I find I previously viewed and paid for this cert, but I can't remember why ... maybe I looked it up and intended to post it for you and forgot or I looked at it for someone else. I am pretty sure that I tried to trace Alexander's tree back because I remember the details of his father very well. I remember also looking for Jane's family because her address was quite quaint. 

Please try doing a search on RC to see if I have posted it for someone else.

21st of October, 1910 at the Parish Church Manse, Dumbarton, After Banns According to the Forms of the Church of Scotland, ALEXANDER MORRISON, Machinist and Bachelor, aged 26, residing at 70, High Street, Dumbarton, son of DAVID MORRISON, Naturalist (deceased) and JANE MILLER previously MORRISON, (m/s unclear, see attachment), (deceased), married MARY JANE FRAZER FERGUSON, Bookkeeper and Spinster, aged 20, residing at one and a half (written in numbers) Quay Street, Dumbarton, daughter of JOHN FERGUSON, Boilermaker (Journeyman) and ISABELLA FERGUSON m/s REW. Witnesses, HUGH CARDIGAN and NELLIE FERGUSON

regards,

Lindsay

STIRLING - Stirlingshire
LINDSAY - Perthshire
MELDRUM - Fife, Angus
GIBSON - Lanarkshire
MEIKLE - Dunbartonshire

Offline missy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 08 October 06 15:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you ever so much Lindsaysiam, yes you did post it before I left a message yesterday thanking all for you for all for your help it has been greatly appreciated. I can now move on and see where I go. Again thank you so much. Missy

Offline missy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 08 October 06 15:25 BST (UK) »
oops forgot to mention the attachment you sent with this last message did not come thru, just a few words were there nothing that matter. Thanks for trying really do appreciate all of those who help without you I would be no where. Missy