Author Topic: Lavington/ lillian +victoria marriages  (Read 1169 times)

Offline jean parker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lavington/ lillian +victoria marriages
« on: Sunday 18 December 05 05:36 GMT (UK) »
Dear all,

I have now gone back with my family tree and hit the brick wall. I am now going to try and trace my Grandfathers sisters.

Lillian lavington born     1898 Cardiff, Glamorgan, Wales
Victoria Lavington born 1901 Cardiff, Glamorgan Wales.

I have found them with my grandfather Vernon on the 1901 census for Roath, Glamorgan.

I have tired the IGI but they are not there.
I have tired the Ancestry .com. web site

Can any body help me with where to look for their marriages etc.  so that I can see if I can trace any living relatives now .

Kind regards

Jean Parker ( Australia)

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: Lavington/ lillian +victoria marriages
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 December 05 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean, there is a death for a Lilian Susannah Lavington aged 4 for the June quarter in Cardiff on FreeBMD; volume 11a page 212.
Her birth is listed as Lilian Susan Lavington for the March 1898 quarter in Cardiff; volume 11a page 318

I had a look for the birth of Victoria in 1901 for Cardiff and the only one I could find was Alice Gwendoline V. Lavington for the March 1901 quarter in Cardiff. I wondered if that was Victoria?

I am assuming that your grandfather Vernon is the Charles Vernon Lavington listed  for the March quarter of 1896

hope this helps
Margaret :)
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jean parker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lavington/ lillian +victoria marriages
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 December 05 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Dear Margaret,

My Grandfather was Charles Vernon Lavington listed in March Qtr 1896.

After further checking I think that the Alice Gwendoline V Lavington born 1901 could be my grandfathers sister.

Next year when my research centre opens up I will order her birth certifitate to make sure. then I can try and find if she got married.

I have found doing my research that they change their names all the time.

Very confusing for us.

Any way many thanks for your help , I do hope that you have a very merry christmas and New Year.

Kind regards

Jean Parker ( Australia)