Author Topic: SMITH Project New Home  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Cas-A

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
SMITH Project New Home
« on: Monday 19 December 05 01:25 GMT (UK) »
 :)
Hello Isle of Man Family historians,

Further to my original message of December 2005:
The Smith Families History Project of Lancashire, West Riding Yorkshire & the Isle of Man.

SMITH, by all accounts, an uncommon name in the Isle of Man, & so possibly not many family historians researching this surname for that area.  One SMITH researcher so far has submitted Isle of Man Interests - this lady is looking for the family origins of her ancestor John Evander Smith (b.Isle of Man c1798-1800).

Anyone else researching SMITH of the Isle of Man - your interests for inclusion in the Project's Interests List would be most welcome & valued.

.......Project is extending to include SMITH of the Isle of Man.  SMITH of the Isle of Man researchers' interests are invited please for inclusion in the interests' listings from January 2006. This will complete the geographical area to be covered by the current ongoing Smith Project, [ie: Lancashire, West Yorkshire and the Isle of Man]   <SNIP>
Gardner - of Kirkham;  Hughes - of Liverpool & Fleetwood;
Topping - of Preston, Lancaster & Blackburn; Downes - of Bridgnorth, Shropshire; Wheeldon - of Derby.

Offline Cas-A

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: SMITH Project New Home
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 March 06 23:05 GMT (UK) »
 :D
Not sure whether I should post another message to record the date of my Updated/Edited message (as above).
So a quick note here just in case!!

Carole
Shackleton - of Harewood, West Riding Yorkshire, & Burnley, East Lancs;
Smith - of Burnley & Blackburn;  Whittaker - of Blackburn;
Gardner - of Kirkham;  Hughes - of Liverpool & Fleetwood;
Topping - of Preston, Lancaster & Blackburn; Downes - of Bridgnorth, Shropshire; Wheeldon - of Derby.