Author Topic: anyone a member of Kent FHS?  (Read 2316 times)

Offline mc8

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
anyone a member of Kent FHS?
« on: Wednesday 21 December 05 10:47 GMT (UK) »
I would be interested to know if anyone is researching the family of Captain Baldock who lived at Belvedere, West Malling in the 1800's. My family used to own the property for a short period and still have a georgian clock from the house. The key opens a cash book which has records of the captains accounts for the estate. It would be good to be able to let the family have a copy.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: anyone a member of Kent FHS?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 December 05 19:36 GMT (UK) »
I am a member of the Maidstone branch of the KFHS.  I know one of our members has an interest in the history of West Malling.  I will pass on your message.
bearkat
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Crimbo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: anyone a member of Kent FHS?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 August 21 14:04 BST (UK) »
I live in West Malling and know of the Baldock family - owned many High Street businesses in the town for decades. I can see that this request was made quite a while ago so I thought I would just send a quick message to see if you had any luck tracking them down.

Matt Christmas