Author Topic: John HENWOOD  (Read 14942 times)

Offline QuayGar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Still trying to break down brick walls
    • View Profile
Re: John HENWOOD
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 September 12 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Cedric,

I am also descended from John Green Henwood of Padstow through his son William b1831.

I'd be pleased to hear from you.

Offline cedricdedric

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 September 12 11:57 BST (UK) »
I descend from William 1831's older sister Mary Jane 1829, her daughter Mary Henwood Dexter 1864 married my maternal Gt-Grandfather Donald Fraser 1863 at St John,Portsea in 1887...welcome to the club cuzz..Cedric
Giles, Sillett, Ramsey, Ixer, Ruffles (Suffolk)
Fraser, McDonald, McGregor (Nairn, Inverness)
Young, New, Coomber (Portsea Island, Portsmouth)
Watmore (Rotherwick, Hartley Wintney, Miserden, Glos.)

Offline QuayGar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Still trying to break down brick walls
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 28 September 12 17:11 BST (UK) »
Cedric,
Thanks for the reply. I had no information whatever about Mary Jane and would be delighted to receive anything you care to share.

I am descended from William b1831 through his son Albert James Henwood,.  Albert's dau Edith Maud Henwood was my maternal grandmother.

Offline Ada Zeeks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Digging up my ancestors....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 16 December 23 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Henwood descendants...

Wondering if your family are attached to mine. You mention locations which have come up for my Henwood family.... St Blazey and Portsea Island... which seem far from each other but I mapped my family.... they moved a lot so I need to dig deeper.

My ancestor is Eliza Henwood (may have been known as Mary), she married Peter Garland (My Garland family have strong ties to St Agnes.... Liskeard

Eliza Henwood is the daughter of

John Henwood (born 1791 in Gwennap and Elizabeth Sleeman born 1785 in South Hill (Callington?)
Eliza was born 1813 in Calstock.

Eliza married Peter Garland in St Blazey but another record (the actual record) says they were married on Portsea Island in 1837.... which is more likely the correct record.

Would love to compare family info... thanks :)
IRELAND....
KELLY... plus Hamilton, McCormack, Dwyer, Condon, Flynn, Mahon, Keane, Quinn, Fox, Farrell, Lynch,  Moore, Hartigan, Martin....  Dwyer, Condon, Walsh, Curtin, Ryan.....
COUNTIES - Longford, Westmeath, Roscommon, Clare, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary and Cork... and probably more

ENGLAND
Johnson, Berryman, Garland, Caudwell, Sloss, Timsbury , Boddy, Dwyer, Kelly, Condon....

Convicts to Australia
Settlers and pioneers to Australia
Military History

Offline Chris_Beds

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 16 December 23 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My grandmother was a Henwood, and they go back to Cornwall.  My 2nd great-grandfather was Thomas, who moved around a lot!  He was in St Blazey, Par, Portland, and by 1861 he had been posted to Weybourne in Norfolk.  I have no record of Garland though.  I'm sending a link to his profile so you can work around to see if there is a link.  https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Henwood-102
Brown - St. Erme and Grampound (Cornwall), East London, Plumstead Kent
Henwood - Devon/Cornwall, Woolwich Kent
Tilliduff/Tullideph - Aberdeenshire, East London, Plumstead Kent
Bancroft - Castle Donington Leics, Derby, Erith Kent
Reed - Greenhithe, Erith Kent