Author Topic: Alexander Cameron & Ann Millar  (Read 4094 times)

Offline annenian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Cameron & Ann Millar
« on: Thursday 22 December 05 14:10 GMT (UK) »
I have hit a brick wall on this branch of my family.
Does anyone have any information on Alexander Cameron b. about 1784 and his wife Ann Millar b. about 1788 who married in Glasgow on 7 Dec 1810? The IGI shows their last child Alexander born in Tradestown 26 Apr 1819 and I am trying to find a link between them and “my” Alexander Cameron(my g.g.Grandfather) and Anne Miller who had 4 children in Moray from 1821 to 1827. I have been unable to find many details on the latter and wonder if they moved up to Moray c. 1820. The “Moray” Alexander was employed as a Mason and this fact may provide a link if I can determine the occupation of the other. Any pointers and information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ian Cameron
Moray,Banff and Lanarkshire.Cameron,Spence,Stuart,Miller

Offline HeathersLaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Cameron & Ann Millar
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Have you heard of this site http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp it is for Moray.  Do you have the childrens names as I can look them up for you. if you find anything on the site such as newspapers etc. then let me know.

Heather

Offline annenian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 January 06 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather,
Thanks for your input. Yes, I have tried Libindx but, while some of my other relatives are listed here, there is no mention of these two. Subsequent to my posting, however, I have obtained a copy of the "Glasgow" couples marriage entry and Alexander is shown as a Mason,as was the "Moray" Alexander. It appears, therefore, that my suspicions may be correct and that the two couples are one in the same. It's still a little tenuous though and further confirmation would be nice.
Thanks again,
Ian
Moray,Banff and Lanarkshire.Cameron,Spence,Stuart,Miller

Offline mariotcameron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 July 08 01:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather,

your hint to use http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp was great ... do you know of there is something similar in Ross & Cromarty?

Many thanks

Mario