Author Topic: Help searching Irish death indexes, please?  (Read 996 times)

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Help searching Irish death indexes, please?
« on: Friday 23 December 05 03:36 GMT (UK) »
I would love to pinpoint the year of death of my gggrandmother, Catherine Cecilia (or Cecilia Catherine) Huband Smith, nee Jephson.  I'm in Oz and know the Irish bdm indexes have been filmed by the LDS.  Trouble is, each film only has a year or two on it!

I think that she died between the mid 1880s and 1900, probably in Dublin or Howth.  Her husband Joseph died in 1886.

If anyone happens to be searching these years, could they please keep a lookout for her?  She could be listed under Huband Smith or Smith.

Thanks,

MarieC

PS I would love the exact reference for Joseph, too.  I might then send for his/their death certs.  Can anyone tell me what info is on an Irish death certificate?
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Help searching Irish death indexes, please?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 February 06 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Good Day MarieC,

You may be able to make some progress with your research as Catherine Cecilia (or Cecilia Catherine) (Or Whatever :D) has a surname type given name - Huband. There were a few heads of household with the surname Huband in Ireland during the period 1848-64 Griffiths Valuation of Ireland  http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 06 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello Christopher

Yes, I have found her husband Joseph on the Griffiths Valuation.  He died in 1886, as I said before - I think she was still alive then, as I have found an entry in a directory for Howth that looks like her. 

I just need, somehow, to get to Irish indexes so that I can know when and where she died (probably Dublin or Howth).

MarieC
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline magsbutler

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 February 06 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi
If you go to the co. Dublin board on this excellent site, and click on 'Dublin Resources' at the very top of the page, you will find that some kind person has posted several Dublin Burials links, perhaps they may be of interest to you.

Cheers
Mags
Bailey - co.Limerick, Kilbeheny;co. Tipperary, Ballyporeen parish
King - co.Limerick, Kilbeheny parish
Moher - co.Tipperary, Ballyporeen parish
Farrell - co.Tipperary, Coolagarranroe, Skeheenaranky
Fitzgerald - ditto

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 08:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Mags!

I have been on the Dublin board in the past, but I'll go and have another look.  I think I checked those burial links, but maybe I didn't - will relook at it.  Got your pm, by the way!  I thought this message here was clear, actually!

MarieC