Author Topic: Alexander Fraser and Catherine Fraser  (Read 7199 times)

Offline IAA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Alexander Fraser and Catherine Fraser
« on: Monday 26 December 05 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on Alexander Fraser born 1799/1800 Kirkhill, Inverness and his wife Catherine Fraser  (nee Fraser) born Ullapool Ross-shire c1805.  Children born Inverness-shire, Catherine, John, Alexander, Louisa and Margaret, I think there are more children.  These named children are with their parents in the 1861 census.  Alexander was a Blacksmith.  Anyone recognise this family from their own tree.

Alexander died 1866 in Inverness his parents are John Fraser and Catherine Campbell.
MacKay (Harris, Western Isles), Royan, Dunbar, Kelly (mainly Morayshire)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Fraser and Catherine Fraser
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 18:49 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you have used the IG index on www.familysearch.org  I did a parent search with the details you provided (John Fraser and Catherine Campbell). There is a possible birth for your Alexander on 12 Aug 1799 at Kirkhill. There is also a list of children born to parents with these names, a total of 7 in Kirkhill, some of which may be Alexander's siblings. These are actual extracts from the Old Parish Registers.

There is also an entry for the marriage of an Alexander Fraser to a Catherine Fraser in Kirkhill on 5 July 1832.

If you know where Alexander and Catherine brought their family up in Inverness-shire, you should try a parent search on IGI to see what children come up.

Regards.
Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline IAA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I did try IGI came up with two sets of parents Alexander Fraser and Catherine Fraser - not sure which family are the correct ones.  Always a problem with common names.  The family I am looking for had a daughter called Betsy (correct name may have been Elizabeth) born in 1832 died in 1927.

Many thanks for your help.

Irene
MacKay (Harris, Western Isles), Royan, Dunbar, Kelly (mainly Morayshire)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irene

Hopefully the arrival of the 1841/1851 census on line at Scotland People in the first quarter 2006 (fingers crossed) will help!

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/content/help/index.aspx?r=554&413

Regards.
Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 May 06 09:27 BST (UK) »

Hi i dont what year you are after ...but i have a Margaret Fraser marrying a Alexander Munro in 1874 she was age 40 at the time (birth year 1834ish) in the she was the daughter of Simon Fraser and Mary Fraser (nee Fraser)

I have more if you think they are connected

Craizi daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland