Author Topic: ROBERT GALT GRAY  (Read 4057 times)

Offline valerieann

• RootsChat Extra
  • james gordon & robina Fife of clackmannan
    • View Profile
Re: ROBERT GALT GRAY
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 01:36 GMT (UK) »
hello kenjo quite a possibility, that robert galt gray could have been illeg,--,but he never changed his surname to galt,thats why i thought he carried his mothers surname Galt,,like he named his son james mackay,gray ,& a daug annabella grant gray, the grant may be another g/mothers surname, only guessing here, but alot of my scottish names did carry on the naming pattern,-- the 1st born euphemia, hopefully was names after marys mother, must inquire about the tassie census, thanks again for that  ;) have a happy new year --valerieann
Base/gilham /horn/ brightman/bell  of norfolk england<br />worthington /gilding leicester & notts<br />rose/caunt/cooper/carlisle notts<br />gordon /allan/fife/cook/snadon/stenhouse at clackmannan scotland

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 01:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ya,
If you put Katherine Gray marrying 1815 Midlothian, on the IGI.
Up comes her fathers name, can't remember at the moment what it was.
But from previous experience, when you view the film, from St Cuthberts, it is correct, and gives a little info on the marriage and where the parents came from, especially the the girls father.
good luck.
also May Dhu, was looking for info on Robert Galt Gray, Her husband's ggrandfather, worked for him. May is from the Qld.
If you want contact, just ask.
regards,
Jo
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline valerieann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 02:05 GMT (UK) »
nice to be on line & recieve answers to questions "so fast",the gray side is actually from my 1st husbands side, Iam doing research for my children & g/children, I would love to hear from may also,
 8) thanks valerieann
Base/gilham /horn/ brightman/bell  of norfolk england<br />worthington /gilding leicester & notts<br />rose/caunt/cooper/carlisle notts<br />gordon /allan/fife/cook/snadon/stenhouse at clackmannan scotland

Offline valerieann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 02:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi again , the only problem here in vic aussieland, is theres not to many records available for scotland, unless you can travel quite along way to the latterday church at springvale area, if i remember , pity theres no parish records available to purchase, has  I myself have a lot of ancesters in scotland, just a case of, keep looking eh
valerieann

Offline valerieann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 January 06 02:51 GMT (UK) »
http://www.archives.tas.gov.au/genealres/census%20index.htm
In the 1848 census is the following..... you can purchase this page and you find all in the household. including the missing child......
Gray Robert Galt  1848 Hobart CEN1/81 155

i recieved the census page today, very disapointing , it only gives robert galt gray , the rest are by females & males from & to a certain age ,no names what a blow,  could you pass on my name to may dhu ,please, who was inquiring about robert galt gray,,
I might chance sending for his will, & hopefully it will name his family
valerieann

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 January 06 07:44 GMT (UK) »
I'll do that Valerie,
Sorry to not have done this before, (I actually hadn't read the the post above, that mentioned, you wanting to contact  May Dhu)...(will get onto it).  Also sorry the census was of little use....

I hope something pans out, in the end......
PS...
May Dhu runs the Caloundra Family Search at the Local Library......and she is quite wonderful....

All the best JO
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 31 January 06 08:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi again , the only problem here in vic aussieland, is theres not to many records available for scotland, unless you can travel quite along way to the latterday church at springvale area, if i remember , pity theres no parish records available to purchase, has  I myself have a lot of ancesters in scotland, just a case of, keep looking eh
valerieann

Valerieann

You can look at ALL  BDM (Parish records and Civil reg), Census 1861 - 1901  and Wills for Scotland  at
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk - pay per view

If you look at the general Scotland board you will find lots about looking for Scottish ancestors.

I found mine back to 1700 without leaving the armchair  ;D  ;D

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk