Author Topic: children look up  (Read 834 times)

Offline corbab

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
children look up
« on: Tuesday 27 December 05 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
If anyone has the parent search that will give all children born to them, no  matter where in Scotland, can you look up the children of  James Hume marred Margaret Anderson  on the 14 nov 1807 at Canongate Edinburgh
i know he had Margaret Robertson Hume b1808 chrised at st Cuthberts
Edinburgh, they had a son James c1809 and Thomas c1816 and a willam and a john
hope you can help
Babs
hume
woods
jost
king
elliott
cannell

Offline ADP

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: children look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 December 05 12:18 GMT (UK) »
The parent search is on the familysearch website.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true
and fill in only the parents' names, and the region (British Isles).

Unfortunately in this case it only produces the one child that you already know about. If there were more children, there are a few reasons for them not appearing on the online IGI.
(1) Their baptisms were never recorded on the OPRs.
(2) The OPR has not survived.
(3) The entry does not appear on the online version of the IGI (there are many parishes where only the female baptisms appear on the online version oft the IGI).

ADP

Offline stuizzy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: children look up
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 December 05 23:14 GMT (UK) »
I had some extra credits that were expiring on scotlandspeople.gov.uk so I did a search there.

Putting in James Hume and Margaret Anderson as parents only produced Margaret Robertson on 10/09/1808 GROS Data 685/020063.

However I tried sticking to the parish of St. Cuthberts and just putting in James Hume, in case his wife had died. That produced a James Hume christened 7/10/1808, the son of James Hume and Euphemia Sharp GROS 685/020063. There was also Euphemia Hume christened 06/09/1811 who had the same parents.

The only other one was Anne Veitch born to James and Anne Hume, christened 12/12/1852

Don't know whether this helps at all but I do dislike having my extra credits just sitting there!!

Isobel