Author Topic: Mutch/Riddell/Hay Families in marnoch area  (Read 14708 times)

Offline Walt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mutch/Riddell/Hay Families in marnoch area
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 20 November 05 12:20 GMT (UK) »
William Adam & Christina Mutch married on the 14th Feb 1925 in Aberdeen.

I am interested in finding out about the first twenty years of my mothers life.She was Jeannie Hay Mutch & her mother was the above Christina Mutch.I would like to know where she lived,who with,what school she went to & if she had any brothers or sisters linked to that marriage etc.Id like to hear from anyone who knew or knew of her especially any children or close relatives of the above.Any information would be appreciated.

also if anyone knows of any other JEANNIE(Jean,Jeanny,etc)HAY(H,May,M,etc)MUTCH living in the Banffshire,Aberdeen area in the late 30s early 40s could you please let me know thank you.

Walter
Stirling :- Paisley,Stirlingshire,Aberdeen,Ross-Shire.
Mutch :-Banffshire,Abderdeenshire. 
Fletcher :-Inverness,Ross-Shire.    Fraser :-Inverness.
MacDonald,McDonald :-Inverness,Ross-Shire,      Michie :-Stirling.     Brown :- Stirling.             Sutherland :- Inverness

Offline Walt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 20 November 05 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adele
            Ive tried to email you but for some reason they keep getting returned.I came across your family tree on the genealogy web site.On it youv'e put John Riddell & my mother as married.They we're NEVER married.You also say that John Riddell was the father of Sandy,Evelyn.Edward & the fourth child unknown.He was definitely NOT the father of Evelyn & the fourth child Billy.I have the research to prove this & if you get in touch I'll give it to you.I really don't think you should put anything on you're family tree unless it has been thoroughly researched & known to be true as it can be upsetting & missleading to this & future generations.Ive been in touch with your dad a few times & hopefully we will meet when he returns from Canada.

Walter
Stirling :- Paisley,Stirlingshire,Aberdeen,Ross-Shire.
Mutch :-Banffshire,Abderdeenshire. 
Fletcher :-Inverness,Ross-Shire.    Fraser :-Inverness.
MacDonald,McDonald :-Inverness,Ross-Shire,      Michie :-Stirling.     Brown :- Stirling.             Sutherland :- Inverness

Offline fluffnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 18 December 05 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately most Genealogy programmes do not have a way of showing that parents of a child are unwed or that children have a different parent from the other.

I will however try to update my site and put in there that they were not married. I was not aware that Evelyn and Billy had been added with John Riddell as their father. Again it will be down to the limitations of the programme I used to put the tree online. I don't have details of Evelyns parentage other than her mum nor for Billy but I will attempt to rectify this too and would be very greatful if you could send me any details to add to it. This may help the programme to actually upload the correct information :)

I agree it is misleading though and I'm very grateful you did point it out.

I have no idea why my messages are being bounced back. I'm not recieveing any notification of postings at the minute either. Will check that out now to see what is wrong.

Speak to you soon and I'm glad Dad eventually got in contact with you all too :)

hugs
Adele
x
Researching:
Thomson/Davies/Johnson  - (St Pancras/Shoreditch  Area London  and Monmouthsire),
Cross  -  (Burradon/Gateshead/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Anderson -  ( Gateshead/Wallsend/ Byker/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Mutch  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder/Ellon/Inverkeithny/Fyvie/Turriff areas of Banffshire Scotland)
Riddell  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder areas of Banffshire Scotland)

Offline fluffnco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 15 September 06 20:02 BST (UK) »
just as an update for any interested parties. Dad and walter and other family members have met up :) I'm so pleased that my research wasn't in vain and VERY happy that I now have new family members

thanks everyone who contributed here on rootschat in my research. you guys are definitely the best :)

Adele (aka Fluffnco)
Researching:
Thomson/Davies/Johnson  - (St Pancras/Shoreditch  Area London  and Monmouthsire),
Cross  -  (Burradon/Gateshead/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Anderson -  ( Gateshead/Wallsend/ Byker/Tynemouth areas of Newcastle on Tyne)
Mutch  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder/Ellon/Inverkeithny/Fyvie/Turriff areas of Banffshire Scotland)
Riddell  -  (Marnoch/Aberchirder areas of Banffshire Scotland)