Author Topic: Looking for the Coyle family of Derrynamansher,Annagry 1880's  (Read 13549 times)

Offline Derrynamansher

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for the Coyle family of Derrynamansher,Annagry 1880's
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 13 March 08 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jenny
Came across your request recently, the following may be of help:
Paddy Coyle was married to Rose Harley and not Rose or Roise McCafferty. They had the following
children that we are aware of: John (not married  & lived in Derrynamansher), Biddy (married in States), Hughdie (married with family in Derrynamansher), Mary (married in Derrynamansher but no family), Anna or Nancy as per census (married Seán McMullan - her grandchildren live in Dublin), Gracie (married in Derrynamansher) and Jack went to Scotland, we think but lost contact with relations at home).  Gracie and Hughdie have family members still living in Derrynamansher and surrounding areas.  Paddy Coyle was raised in Derrynamansher but his father came from Gweedore and he may have married a Rose McCafferty but we are not sure.   Is your husband a descendant of Jack Coyle's? 
Best wishes, Maire

This is really interesting! Hughdie is our great grandfather and we now own the house he built in derrynamansher :) (Joe lives across the road from us) Granny has told all the names mentioned above manys a time. One of the McMullans was a great fiddle player she said I think. We all play trad music so loved this! Im actually named after my great aunt anna and by the sounds of this she must've been named after your Anna Coyle!Funny!I'll try find out more from Granny...

Offline Cathleen Joe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 05 August 10 04:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny. My mother is Hugh Coyle's daughter. She talks with great fondness of the McMullans and in particular, Anna. How is your search progressing?

Cathleen

Offline Dhubhaigh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 08 March 19 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Are you still interested in your Coyle family from Derrynamansher? I have been doing our family tree, so might have some of the information that you are after. Cathleen  :)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 17:05 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat Dhubhaigh and Cathleen.

Please remember to the Person who sent them a PM that new members can not access the PM function until they have made a couple of posts, if it is not sensitive information it is much friendlier just to reply to the topic.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk