Author Topic: Hannah Davison born c1760, Corbridge ??  (Read 2823 times)

Offline white

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Hannah Davison born c1760, Corbridge ??
« on: Saturday 31 December 05 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hannah Davison married Paul Brown 14th. April 1779 at Corbridge. She died at Corbidge 12th. Jan. 1795 age given as 35. Have not been able to find a baptism for her.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Roy ;D

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Davison born c1760, Corbridge ??
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 December 05 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Have found the marriage 1779 Corbridge Northumberland but Hannah is down as Dawson :-[
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline white

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 January 06 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irret, thanks for looking for me, but I have a photocopy of the marriage and it is definately Davison.
There are quite a few Davison families buried in the grave yard of Corbridge and for a while I thought that I had found the correct, only to find a burial for the same person a short while later.
Thanks again and a Happy New Year to you.
Roy

Offline sharmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Many records held at home for Tyne Valley area
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 December 06 15:39 GMT (UK) »
New to this site and was searching the archives of past chat. I have the Corbridge parish records. and can confirm that on 14th. April 1779 Paul Brown did marry Hannah Davison, and not Dawson . if you want any help with those records feel free to contact me
Sharmor :)
Forster, Hall, Yielder ,Robson, Corbridge and st John lee/ parishes.  also researching Harmison/Harmieson. have lots of info on above

Offline white

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 December 06 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the confirmation. My big problem is a baptism and parents for Hannah. The one I originally picked actually died as a infant.
I do appreciate your help. Thanks, Roy :)

Offline sharmor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 December 06 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello, There is no mention of a Hannah DAVISON in Corbridge baptism records . the marriage has Paul Brown as coming from the nearby parish of Bywell St Andrews and Hannah was of the parish of Corbridge, bY licence .
wit by John REWCASTLE  and Bartholomew LUMBLEY I will check St John Lee to see if anything turns up
Forster, Hall, Yielder ,Robson, Corbridge and st John lee/ parishes.  also researching Harmison/Harmieson. have lots of info on above

Offline white

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 December 06 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Thanks again for your continued efforts on my behalf.
It does seem rather odd that she has not materialised as all other lines ( I have) in the area are well documented and go back to about 1600.
Can I ask if you have any name interests in the area ?.
Best wishes, Roy ::)

Offline sharmor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Roy, yes I have a big interest in the area, I was born in Corbridge and my family have lived  within the area for 400 years.  we had a farm, Whittington Colliery, a shop/ cafe ,garage, waggons and buses in the corbridge area.I still have a few family there today. and a cemetery full of them.
Nigel

Offline white

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 31 December 06 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nigel,
Here are my family name interests in Corbridge,
Brown, Davison, Gibson, Taylor, Reed, Nicholson, Hindhaugh,Cook (Aydon), Winship. Also Pollard of Chollerton and Elliot of Simonburn.
Most go back to C.1600 and I have wills for several of these families. If any are of interest to you I can send the details in word doc. form.
My e mail address is roy@whitegen.freeserve.co.uk.
Roy :)