Author Topic: Forsyth / Forsythe / Ails / Leech / Madew / Minto / Jackson  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Ron Shaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Forsyth / Forsythe / Ails / Leech / Madew / Minto / Jackson
« on: Saturday 31 December 05 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Seeking to make contact with anyone who may have information on the Forsythe family of Kelso, Roxburgshire and Nenthorn, Berwickshire -

William Forsythe, born c1662, at Kelso, m. 1687 to Anna Ails born c1666 maybe near Kelso.

Their son, Walter Forsythe born 1688/90 at Nenthorn, m. 1713 to Janet Leech born c1692 at Kelso.

Their son Thomas Forsythe born 1718 at Nenthorn, m. 1742 to Isabel/Elspeth Madew (Madder / Mather) born 1720/21 at Nenthorn.

Their son James Forsythe born 1756 at Nenthorn, m. 1781 to Jean Minto born 1761 at Kelso.

Their son Thomas Forsythe born 1782 at Kelso, m. 1801 to Isabella Jackson b.1779 at Nenthorn, daughter of Henry Jackson (b.c1755) and Christian Laidlaw/Laidley b.c1755.

Thomas & Isabella Forsythe had seven children born at Kelso; Robert (b.1802), Henry (b.1804), Christina Esther (b.1806), Agnes (b.c1808), William (b.c1809), Agatha (b.c1881) and Thomas Robert (b.1813). They had two more children born at Glasgow; Isabella (b.1816) and Jean (b.1818).

With assistance from the Bridgetown Transatlantic Society (under the direction of William Walker) this Forsythe family emigrated to Canada in June 1820 and received a land grant in Lanark County, Ontario.

Other names in the ancestory of Thomas & Isabella Forsythe are; Leech/Leitch, Dickinson/Dickson, Forrest and Dun.

Offline Brycemh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Forsyth / Forsythe / Ails / Leech / Madew / Minto / Jackson
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 January 11 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Am related to Isabella Jackson...you know by now Forsyths to Canada?

Bryce

Offline Ron Shaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 January 11 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have considerable information about the Forsyth family in Canada and Utah but have not been unable to identify any children of Robert (1802-1834) s/o Thomas Forsyth and Isabella Jackson. If you could throw any light on that subject, or if any information I may have on the other children would be of interest to you, would you please contact me directly at (*)

Ron

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Brycemh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 January 11 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Not much help to you
My ancestor Robert Patterson,a skinner,from Kelso
Married Christian Jackson d of Henry Jackson/Christian Laidley
Possibly Henry's parents  John Jackson/Margaret Pringle
Possibly Margaret's parents Walter Pringle/Margaret Rutherford
Any information on Robert Patterson kids   Janet,Henry,Thomas[us],Janet,Isabella,Helen most appreciated
Any more Jackson/Laidley as well
Bryce Hunter,Toronto

Offline Ron Shaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 January 11 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Reget that I can not vouch for the facts, but my info seems to be the same as yours ... conventional wisdom being that Isabella Jackson (1779-1820) was d/o Henry Jackson (b.1742) and Christina Laidley/Laidlaw. Henry Jackson (b.1742) apparently the s/o John Jackson (b.c1717) and Margaret Pringle (b.1715). I've found no further info on Jacksons. Margaret Pringle (b.1715) apparent daughter of Walter Pringle (b.c1699) and Margaret Rutherford (b.c1693). Reget I know nothing of the Patterson line.