Author Topic: Parker and Andrews Bible  (Read 4256 times)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Parker and Andrews Bible
« on: Monday 02 January 06 21:35 GMT (UK) »
 I have the following bible in my family: Names are  Parker/Turnbull/Andrew families from the Glasgow area of Scotland. The bible ties into the Yuill/Kennedy family.The bible does come through Jessie Kennedy was born May 16, 1868 in SOuth Glasgow to William Kennedy and Annie Andrews.

Here are the names listed in the Family Bible (It was printed 1809 in Edinburgh, Haddington)

John Andrew died January 22, 1834

Janet Andrew died March 1827 She married John Turnbull, May 13, 1798, Barony, Glasgow

Agnes Andrew married Archibald Parker October 17, 1829 in Barony , Lanark. They had a daughter Agnes Parker b. 1829 and died September 29, 1838 at age 9. They had a another daughter, Jean Parker b. June 20, 1832 and a son Archibald Parker b. December 13, 1834.

George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline Rian

• RootsChat Senior
  • My grandmother, Lilian Fennessy Hopkins
    • View Profile
Noble/Ashworth Bible in Brisbane Australia
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 February 06 20:42 GMT (UK) »
I came across a family bible recently belonging to the Ashworth and Noble families. Jonas Noble and his wife Martha (nee Ashworth) emigrated to Queensland in 1873. Their bible is in Brisbane owned by Don, phone number ******* I found it when I went to a garage sale last w/e, but didn't have a spare $50 to buy it. I took digital pics of the data and have it on a gedcom if anyone is interested. The Ashworths came from Rochdale: John and his 2 wives, both named Mary. There is also a 2 page document written by John Ashworth with a verse from Burns quoted for his first wife, but just stating that his second one died.
I should love to see the bible go to where it will be appreciated— it is in a poor state of repair at present. If you just want the data however, please contact me.
Rian.

New note. bible has now been sold. Not to me unfortunately, as I found out too late that the family it belonged to were distant rellies of my own!
Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Anderson, Atton, Bagley, Banks, Barlow, Bartin, Braid, Carveth, Cleary, Cooper, Fennessy, Frank, Frisby, Garner, Hathaway, Hollis, Hopkins, Irvine, Jones, Karrasch, Kennett, Kirkpatrick, Kirkness, Kopittke, Leslie, Logie, McGinty, Marriott, Meredith, Minshull, Munro, Nind, Pearce, Pulley, Reid, Rendall, Scollay, Shearer, Shorter, Spence, Stephenson, Tate, Warren.
UK, Orkney, Ireland, Prussia and Australia.

Offline brenny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: noble bible
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 March 06 04:46 GMT (UK) »
Dear Rian,

Would like to see the information regarding the bible as I
have just started to research my husbands family of noble
from Scotland and any information would be gladly received.
Thanks Plus I new to this forum not sure how to receive the information.

Thanking you for your help
Brenda