Author Topic: harwood, bolton parish  (Read 1436 times)

Offline walkerlad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
harwood, bolton parish
« on: Friday 06 January 06 11:54 GMT (UK) »
happy new year everyone

for years now i have been looking for the baptism records of a richard greenhow c1797 matterdale, following some advice from members on this site i was told he could well have been baptised in threlkeld, i have looked in vain, but thought maybe he was transcribed wrong and i have found a richard greenhalgh baptised 18 june 1797 in a place called harwood bolton parish in cumbria, i have tried to find it but the only one i found is in lancashire.
source: IGI family search and it does state cumbria,that is were the famiy originated from, mungrisdale is were is children were all born.

could someone please tell me if there was such a place in cumbria called harwood bolton parish, so i can either dismiss it or continue with the search

kindest regards
michael
gill, cumberland, winlaton, newcastle
davis, northampton, lancashire, newcastle.
bell, winlaton, newcastle.
urwin, hexham, durham.
mcfarlane, newcastle.
plant, yorkshire, durham, newcastle

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: harwood, bolton parish
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 January 06 15:56 GMT (UK) »
www.genuki.com for Cumberland has the following   "BOLTON, a parish in the ward of Allerdale-below-Derwent, in the county of Cumberland, not far from Ireby. Wigton is its post town. It is situated in a hilly country on the banks of the river Ellen, and includes the townships of High Bolton, Low Bolton, or Bolton Wood, and Quarry Hill. Many of the inhabitants are employed in working the coal and limestone, which are very abundant here. Copper is also obtained." 
Might be worth checking before you give up!
Andrea