Author Topic: surname interest:olpin  (Read 3535 times)

Offline rahar109

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
surname interest:olpin
« on: Tuesday 14 September 04 21:03 BST (UK) »
hello everybody

i am interested in the olpin family, primarily in the wotton-under-edge, cam, bristol areas, but any info gratefully received

rose

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: surname interest:olpin
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 September 04 21:46 BST (UK) »
hello Rose,

are you looking for any info in particular  census or BDM it helps if you can give any dates and ages and then people will usually be able to look up, dont always find what you want but we like to try  sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 September 04 00:11 BST (UK) »
put freeBMD in your browser. Click on Search. Enter under surname Olpin - Type All, County - Gloucestershire and then enter.
You will get over a 100 instances of Olpin births, marriages and deaths in the area.
I cannot copy that list to you  as it is too long for this site.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rahar109

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 September 04 22:13 BST (UK) »
thanks for the replies

@ hackstaple
thanks for the heads up re freebmd - i didn't know about that.  i've printed off the list and will check against the info i've already got

@sandiep
i'm not looking for any particular info.  all olpins tend to be fairly closely connected as it is such an unusual name.  i was just wondering if anyone was also researching this and we could perhaps compare notes

rose

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 September 04 21:26 BST (UK) »
hi rose,

If you have any specific names it might help only there are over 1000 in 1891 census and even the 1871 which isnt complete has 315 and 1901 already has over 600 and thats not complete yet. if they are all related you will have your hands full writing them all up ;D

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk