Author Topic: FITZGERALD - brickwall grt. grandf.  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Shash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: FITZGERALD - brickwall grt. grandf.
« Reply #27 on: Friday 24 February 06 01:10 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Sanqhar. This is important information to know of.

Shash in Can.
BUTCHER, BONE, CALLADINE, COWELL, CROW(E), FITZGERALD, HAMMOND, HEBBORN, LANE, LEWIS, LOUNSBURY, MERRITT, PICKRAM, STEWART, SPRINGSTEAD, SPENCER, TYRELL, TITTERSON, WILSON, YOUNG

Offline harewoodhouse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 12 May 10 23:25 BST (UK) »
VICTIMS OF TYRANNY Brendan Whiting
tells the story of brother convicts from Ireland, Maurice and Michael Fitzgerald.Exiled to New South Wales for life, and by chance, transported on the same ship, they were assigned to Parramatta. It was here that they were flogged, Maurice so viciously that he barely survived, and Michael was subsequently banished to the hellish conditions of Norfolk Island. Reunited five years later, they wre transferred to Van Diemens LandMeticulously researched and full of fascinating insights into the times, Victims of Tyranny is an intimate portrayal of these two men, one whose spirit was finally broken by the physical punishents he suffered, the other whose unfailing determination to bear the odds eventually brought him happiness in his new land
cooke's, harrop's, jackson's, hamer's, walkers
wragg's, brown's, pickersgill, worstencroft,cavanah's

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 13 May 10 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Shash

This post was first opened when finding info online was not as favourable as it is today so hence the post going into the one name section even though you was hoping for something closer to home than that....so what have you discovered in reference to your Fitzgerald's over the last five years?

Summary

1861 census
Acre Villa infant Asylum, Ealing Green, Brentford, Middlesex
Edmond Fitzgerald........boarder.....3....scholar...........NOT KNOWN
--------
*there is a Frederick Cooper aged 1 with Edmond in 1861 and he is still with Edmond in 1871 aged 11 even though the household has completely changed so the 1861 and 1871 are the same Edmond and I would imagine he is the same as seen in 1881 &1891
------------------------------------

1871 census
Outram Street, Islington, London, Middlesex
Edmond Fitzgerald........boarder.....13...............NOT KNOWN
--------

Edmond it appears does not know where he was born (and it appears nor does the infant asylum where he was when 3 years old) so does he now have a licence to change his birthplace as it takes him?

1881 census
3 Upper Agnes Street, Lambeth, Surrey
Edmond Fitzgerald......lodger.....22.....railway servant.........Scotland
----------

Lambeth R.D
Edmond Fitzgerald marries Ellen Spencer (does Edmond know who his father was, did anyone tell him, did anyone know?)
---------

1891 census
10, West Field Cottages, Railway Side, Barnes, Surrey
Edmund Fitzgerald....Head......32....Railway Porter....Ireland   
Ellen............."...........Wife........27...............................Lambeth, London 
Ellen G.........."...........Daur.........6....Scholar................Barnes, Surrey 
Edith M........."............Daur.........5....Scholar................Barnes, Surrey 
William N......"............Son...........3...............................Barnes, Surrey 
Ethel J.........."............Daur.........1................................Barnes, Surrey
-------- 

1901 census
8, Moddle Cottages, Mortlake, Surrey
10, West Field Cottages, Railway Side, Barnes, Surrey
Edward W Fitzgerald....Head......43....Railway shunter (points)....Mayfair, London   
Ellen............."...............Wife........39.............................................Lambeth, London 
Edith M........."...............Daur.......16.............................................Barnes, Surrey 
Alice L..........."...............Daur.........9.............................................Mortlake, Surrey 
Constance N."...............Daur.........4.............................................Mortlake, Surrey
Elsie G.........."................Daur.........7 months................................Mortlake, Surrey
--------

1911 census
8 Model Cottages, Mortlake, Richmond, Surrey
Ellen Fitzgerald........Head....48.(mar)....Laundress.......................London 
William.......".............Son......24 (unm) Fitter's Lab in Garage........Barnes Surrey  Constance.."............Daur.....15....Daily Servant Domestic.............Mortlake Surrey
Elsie............"............Daur.....10...........School...............................Mortlake Surrey
*married 28 years, 7 children born alive, 5 still living two have died.
--------

Is there any records for the Acre Villa Infant Asylum held at the National Archives at Kew?

Bryant

Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keyes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 18 December 10 23:55 GMT (UK) »
I am wondering if you ever found any information about the Acre Villa Infant Asylum, Ealing Green, Ealing as I have a fellow pupil at this Asylum and would appreciate a pointer to any records that you may have found.

The pupil I am interested in is Ellen Gilbert who married into my one-name study of Blofeld.

Thanks

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 19 December 10 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Keyes

Welcome to rootschat the best family history site around and its free...

You have placed this request in the wrong place which is easily done when you are new to the site....
Start a post/lookup in the London section

I gather this is the place you refer too below

1861 census
Acre Villa infant Asylum, Ealing Green, Brentford, Middlesex
Edmond Fitzgerald........boarder.....3....scholar...........NOT KNOWN
--------

and is your Ellen Gilbert in fact Phyllis E Gilbert who married Frederick J Blofield in 1946 Acre R.D, Norfolk
If it is Phyllis looks like she was born in the Dec qtr of 1915 Blofield R.D, Norfolk.
and the only Frederick J Blofield I can see was born John Frederick Blofield born 1877 Chelsea...possible but doubtful?

The National Archives at Kew refers to Acre Villa infant Asylum but if i'm reading it correct the file consists of blank pages but you could enquire with them

Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keyes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 19 December 10 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your quick reply.

My Ellen Gilbert was born in Dec 1850 and was registered in Shoreditch RD Q1 1851. She married James Blofeld April 1876. I attached my request to the One-Name Studies A-G because I had found that someone had posted about the Acre Villa infant Asylum and I sort of thought as she married into the Blofeld One name study that the question may qualify.

Thanks also for the hint about the National Archives (I have a meeting in Kew at the end of January so will do some investigating) and also about posting in the London section

Gillian