Author Topic: McCulloch Gorbals early C19  (Read 6379 times)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
McCulloch Gorbals early C19
« on: Wednesday 15 September 04 07:59 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching a Family McCulloch who lived in the Gorbals area of Glasgow

Gavin McCulloch married Mary Stewart in 1829
The couple moved to Liverpool were Gavin was an engineer

Known children
Gavin
Robert
John
Elizabeth

Any Links welcome

Gill Rice NWALES
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McCulloch Gorbals early C19
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 October 04 17:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Jill I dont know if i can be of any help but I researched my Mc Cloy in Lanarkshire.I contacted a Gary Taylor who was an assistant Librarian. I didnt know it was a library at the time. They have lot's of old record's and he was very helpful  he sent me two pages of information. That was two years ago I have just dug out a contact. I have just delated the email number otherwise the library will be swomped with requests. try contacting the south Lanarkshie Library. Good Luck Celia     Forgot to put the address of the library ::)it was E.Kilbride Central Library Olympia Plaza E.Kilbride
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Mars Barr

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 October 04 15:34 BST (UK) »
 ???

Hi
Just a shot in the dark, but you never know!!

Do you know of/or are your McCullochs linked in any way to EZEKIEL McCulloch?

My paternal grandmother was Christina McCulloch, and I have an idea that going back a bit (my g.mother was born 1869) there was a link with McCulloch in the Gorbals, I have not investigated this very far at present, but am having a rest from the brick walls!!

Would love to hear from you if there is any connection

Gartland (Canada)  Copeland (Derby & Leicester)  Barr (Greenock-Scotland)
Geoghan(Ireland)  Jarvis (Essex)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 07:17 BST (UK) »
Hi

I haven't come across this line as the McCullochs that my friend is related to moved to Liverpool in c1849

I will have a look on any other info re the family that I can find so far the names don't seem to fit.......but I do knw someone else is researching the family and  I'll ask if they have a link

Get back to you soon

Cheers
Gill
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline jeanne

• I have turned off all notifications of any new replies
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 16:20 BST (UK) »
hi we are descended from this line 4 generations back. gavin and mary had 8 children and we are descended from no 4 robert vance(vans) 1843-1926. if you would like a full family tree we can ask our family genealogist if he would contact you. where do you fit in?
 hoping to hear from you jean

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 19:13 BST (UK) »
I am not of this family I am helping my friend who is in his 80's and wants to know as much as possible. He hasn't the facilities to look himself and I'm doing all I can to help him

His name is Gavin Stewart McCulloch

He is decended from Mary Stewart and Gavin McCulloch married 1827 Gorbals

Cheers

Gill

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 19:15 BST (UK) »
Meant to add that Gavin is one of Robert Vans McCullocks desendants too!

Gill

Offline jeanne

• I have turned off all notifications of any new replies
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 19:51 BST (UK) »
Would this be Jack Stewart Mccullochs son?
We are related to Bertha Isobel Mcculloch , his (Jacks) sister

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 20:04 BST (UK) »
Yes the very one