Author Topic: Introducing JiGraH Resources  (Read 17092 times)

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: And for our next trick - Scarborough!
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 September 04 17:51 BST (UK) »
Wow, I'm already thinking I might be able to get to this.

Going away to Scarborough day before. Never been before, what a bonus if I can :) :) :)
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 September 04 19:18 BST (UK) »
Going away to Scarborough day before. Never been before, what a bonus if I can :) :) :)

I hope you mean 'cos we'll be there, not just the fair :-)))))

Graham

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 September 04 19:34 BST (UK) »
Well Graham,

If I can I will.

Diane :) :) :)
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.

madbadrob

« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 September 04 23:12 BST (UK) »
Graham how about you collate names and then we all meet at your stall at a set time hehehe.  Rootschat get together and make yours seem the busiest stall thus making more people call to you and you can then tell em about rootschat :) a s well as make your first million.

Rob

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 September 04 00:09 BST (UK) »
Good idea :)

Last fair I went to was Brentwood earlier in the year, bet there were loads off various sites I'm on. Gets lonely walking around on your own.

Diane :)

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 14 September 04 00:23 BST (UK) »
Last fair I went to was Brentwood earlier in the year

Hi Geniedi,

Wow,I didn't know there was a fair at Brentwood,I would loved to have gone as I've discovered it's where my ggrandmother and her family were from.

Is it an annual event?was it very big? and most importantly was it any good?

Sorry for all the questions,but I'd love to know :)

Mick ;)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 14 September 04 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Mick

To my knowledge it was the first time it was held there. Usually they have one near Lakeside.

It was same sort of things as the Grays one.  From memory it was around February??

If you go on the familyhistoryfairs site you can generally get the programme of events for the year.

I usually end up going on my own so after a couple of hours I've had enough.

Cheers Diane :)

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 14 September 04 12:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Diane :)

I'll check the familyhistoryfairs site,if it's on again next year,I'll be there.

Cheers,Mick ;)

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 14 September 04 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Mick

Just had a quick look on there, 2005 doesn't have any fairs in this area at present.

The Brentwood one was held at a school and the Grays one at the civic hall.  Neither listed at present

Diane :)