Author Topic: Margaret Telford  (Read 1321 times)

Offline gateshead

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Margaret Telford
« on: Monday 09 January 06 16:54 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for my grandmothers date of birth I know she was born in Carlise Cumberland in 1908, I have 2 birth certificates which I thought were hers but sadly not. I know my Grate grandfather was John or Jack Telford and the 2 birth certificates are not this. If anyone can help with Margaret Telford please let me know I know its not much to work on but any little infomation you may have would be greatly appreciated

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Telford
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 January 06 17:33 GMT (UK) »
If you are sure she was born in Carlisle in that year then I should write to the local registrar there and ask them to search for  a birth with father John or Jack Telford.  She may have been called Ann Margaret or something like that so a search on just Margaret may not show her.  They are usually very helpful.   I should widen the birth year a bit - dates are often unreliable!
How old was she at marriage?  What was her father's occupation on that certificate?  Was he still alive?  has she got brothers and sisters?  Try looking at the wider picture and see what other facts you have to work on.
Andrea