Author Topic: trinity bridge  (Read 1125 times)

Offline cricket2

• :
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal Organiser
    • View Profile
trinity bridge
« on: Monday 09 January 06 22:23 GMT (UK) »
please can anyone help me I am looking for any information on the 3 way TRINITY BRIDGE IN CROWLAND/CROYLAND I have seen plaque on the bridge if anybody knows a site which will give me more info or has got any info on this please let me know
                      many thanks john
LIMMING/KEMMERY/MOXON/HEWSON LINCOLNSHIRE/NORTHAMPTONSHIRE/CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Offline keith110639

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: trinity bridge
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
I seem to be repling to lots of your questions about Crowland. I think I mentioned before the book by Michael Elsdon "Aspects of Towns and Villages" It has a good section on Crowland and several pictures and text about the trinity bridge. You really should get yourself a copy if you are interested in Crowland. He still has some copies at £25 each. I am not on commision for sales of the book.
Regards
Keith

Offline AngelFish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: trinity bridge
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I guess you have probably already tried a search engine?  I googled 'trinity bridge crowland and there were quite a few hits, including:

'Trinity Bridge is a unique tri arch bridge that stands in the center of the town. Originally a wooden structure spanning 3 rivers, it was first mentioned in King Ethelbald's charter of AD716, 'the triangular bridge of Croyland'. In the year 1370 the wooden bridge was replaced with a stone construction that still stands today. The 3 main streets of the town were once waterways'

Angelfish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk