Author Topic: Bourdot Family in Belfast  (Read 23015 times)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Bourdot Family in Belfast
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 05 August 10 01:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiwicol,

They are all descendants of the Samuel Ralston Bourdot who arrived in NZ in 1875 with his family of 7 children all born in Northern Ireland. The Samuel Ralston Bourdot desmay2 is wanting the baptism for was one of the children, so his baptism 6.1.1863 will be possibly Castlereagh area where they lived. Sorry desmay2, I wasn't able to answer question when I first read it and completely forgot about it!

:) mare

Offline desmay2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 05 August 10 01:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that - I was doing some research for someone else at the time but can't remember who it was now. Hopefully he/she is reading this page. Cheers

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 05 August 10 01:21 BST (UK) »
... further to that  ;) the Samuel Ralston Bourdot marriage in NZ 1900 you mention Colin, is of course the same Samuel as adult ..

... the 1910 birth is to Ernest Ralston Bourdot, younger brother of Samuel, and Eleanor .....

:) mare

Offline 1956PETER

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 01 May 11 02:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,
     My great great grandfather was Albert Bourdot in Auckland and I have seen that you have done a lot of work on the Bourdots. We know about the guy at the fight in Carrick Fergus but dont know any further back than that. Have you any clues about his descendants in Champagne?
Peter

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 01 May 11 04:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there Peter, just saying welcome and hello to another cousin.  :)  I haven't ventured that far back at all!  Bunny may be able to take you a bit further, she hasn't been on site since last weekend but will get notification from this post ... as I have just had from your posting  :) mare

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 01 May 11 09:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter!!!

Nice to meet you!  You're on my tree already!!  Awesome to find you on here  ;D

Yes, as Mare said I've been absent off the boards for a bit.  I haven't managed to start investigations over into France yet because there is just still so much to do with Ireland, Canada, the US and NZ.

However....(she said with a sly wink)....now that you're here (so to speak) maybe you'd like to give us a bit of help with some stuff.  Oh, by the way your grandmother was so cool to speak to - I got to talk to her once on the phone.  I wish I had been able to spend more time with her on the family.

We can talk to each other by personal message on this forum but you have to have more than three posts on the boards (I think) before the messaging scroll becomes active on your profile.  So if we can get a couple more posts from you then we can exchange our email addresses.

Would you be willing to exchange information about your side of the family?  I don't have a birthdate for your great-grandmother Elizabeth Woodbury.  I think/know it was in 1876 but do you know the month and day?

Cheers
Bunny 8)
Finey - Hants, Sussex, Portsmouth area
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
Bourdot - N.Ireland/France
McKinley - N.Ireland
Quelch - Northamptonshire

Offline 1956PETER

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 02 May 11 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Bunny,
              I may be able to fill some gaps as I know my Mum has a book with the Woodbury story laid out in it which she got at the reunion some years back. I will speak to her on Sunday and see if she has the dates you are after.
My wife and I have just been over to NZ and my parents brought out all the letters, certificates, photos and newspaper cuttings etc which was interesting. But there is a lot they don't know particularly about the Canadian side of things. Coincidentally my sister Vicki is living in Ontario at the moment. Spooky eh!
I will get back to you after the weekend but in the meantime if you have any other queries don't hesitate to drop me a line.
All the best
Pete

Offline 1956PETER

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 08 May 11 01:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Bunny and all interested readers,

I have got that date for you. Elizabeth Woodbury, my great grandmother, was born 26 December 1876 in Southbridge Christchurch. My Mum tells me she developed very bad Parkinsons at age 50 and was rather scary to visit as a young child.
Mum asks if you have an actual tree of all this that shows everyone in their place and who begat who? :o

Peter

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Monday 09 May 11 08:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for that date!  The only thing that's missing from Albert and Elizabeth is the date they got married.  I know it was 1902.  And your mother has nicely corroborrated the Parkinsons disease story that our cousin Keith Bourdot told us.

As for the tree...I have it all on computer but no nice printed out version that I've been able to generate as of yet.  I know heaps and I've found heaps that I can tell you all but really need to find a programme that prints out nice trees.  So if there is anything you and the family want to know then by all means ask away!  Happy to do the sharing thing. ;)

I'm also running the assumption that when your gran Elsie passed on your mum received all the family records that she had (if they weren't already with her).  I know that I have copies of a couple of photos that Elsie had of Samuel and Elizabeth Bourdot.  I have photos of Albert too but none with him and his Elizabeth.  I have lots of old photos but have no idea who the people are!  And just as many where I do know who they are!  I am willing to pay for copies of anything if there is no issue with sharing.

So...any burning questions from you or the family??? ;D

Cheers
Bunny 8)
Finey - Hants, Sussex, Portsmouth area
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
Bourdot - N.Ireland/France
McKinley - N.Ireland
Quelch - Northamptonshire