Author Topic: MALONEY / BLACKMORE  (Read 678 times)

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MALONEY / BLACKMORE
« on: Wednesday 11 January 06 04:45 GMT (UK) »
Am trying to find children of James J Maloney who married Elizabeth Maud Blackmore in December 1911 at Marylebone.  Elizabeth was born 1888 London James unknown.  I think they had a girl Gladys born abt 1919/20.  May have gone to South Africa but this is not 100%. Thanks heaps...........

Offline Meliora

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MALONEY / BLACKMORE
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 January 06 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Abcedef,

I have been looking around to see what I could find on the children of James Maloney & Elizabeth Blackmore & have come up with the following., searched 1912 to 1922

William J. Malonoy
June ¼  1912  Southwark  1d  83

Mary J. Maloney
Dec ¼  1914  Southwark   1d  77

Michael Maloney
Mar ¼  1917  Southwark  1d  71

I could find nothing during that time scale for a birth for a Gladys.  After Sept. 1911 mother's surname is shown as well as the father's in the indexes.

I did try to find James Maloney in the 1901 census but it was not easy without knowing his age of birth, do you have his marriage certificate ?  This should show his age which would help.

I did find an Elizabeth Blackmore age 12 in the 1901 census
RG13/114  folio 22  page 36, her father was David age 58, a Baker born Plymouth, mother  Anna  A age 51,b Marylebone,  do you have full details of this family ?   If not, I can send you a transcription.

Hope this helps,

Meliora
RIP 1927-2018

This information is Crown Copyright from National Archives.gov.uk

Offline abcdef

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MALONEY / BLACKMORE
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks heaps for that information - I have most of the info up to 1901 on the family - Elizabeth B. is my grandfather's sister.  My grandfather also went by another name so I have only recently found that we are not who we are supposed to be.  So now am trying to locate other Blackmore's but have a feeling they may have left England late 1920's or onwards towards the war.  The family you mention is the correct one - David died 1906 (was the father) and Anna (Ann Amelia born abt 1849) unable to find a death.  We have found them on the 1901 census but some of them seem to have disappeared - a bit like my grandfather.....
thank you for the information it is much appreciated......
Wendy