Author Topic: 1851 1861 and 1871 census Husselbee  (Read 5197 times)

Offline gjervis

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 1861 and 1871 census Husselbee
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 12 January 06 16:01 GMT (UK) »
Certainly looks very possible. These and other census records show just how difficult life was in the 19th century.

Early deaths of the father of a family caused major problems for families, children being split from parents, led to illegitimacy and poverty.

Thanks so much Tricia.

Graham
Names: Rushent, Husselbee, Husselby, Crutchley, Woodier, Jervis, Barker,

Locations: Staffordshire, Wiltshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Lincolnshire, London

Military: Grenadier Guards, Yeoman of the Guards, Crimea, Army WW1

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DaveC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 18 January 06 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I spotted the Husselbee name while looking for something totally different, but you might be able to help me.
I am researching Thomas Henry Nichols born 1871 in Kingswinford. I have been unable to find anything about his birth, no sign of a certificate. In 1881 he was living witj John Cartwright in Wall Heath.
He had a sister Mary, born 1867 Kingswinford. In 1871 she was living with Richard Husselbee in Brook St, Kingswinford.
In 1881 she was down in Somerset with James and Elizabeth Cook, Elizabeth was born in Wombourne.
I have a birth cert for Mary, giving her mother as Harriet Nicholls - no father recorded.
Thomas Henry gives his father as John Nicholls on his marriage cert.
Does anyone this make sense to you?
Cheers,
   Dave Campbell

Offline gjervis

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 19 January 06 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave.

I have searched through my records and cannot find any connection with the Nicholls family. Richard did have 2 sisters who survived to maraige age and which I have no records of who they married.

They were Mary b 1807 and Emma b 1811 and died in 1839. Both were under the surname Husselbury and baptised in Himley.

Sorry not to be more helpful. :(

Graham
Names: Rushent, Husselbee, Husselby, Crutchley, Woodier, Jervis, Barker,

Locations: Staffordshire, Wiltshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Lincolnshire, London

Military: Grenadier Guards, Yeoman of the Guards, Crimea, Army WW1

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk