Author Topic: What tree did you fall from?  (Read 4191 times)

Offline 'Tricia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edith Gent Bowskill
    • View Profile
Re: What tree did you fall from?
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 12 January 06 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Don't want anything, Sue. Apparently I'm undemanding

Tricia ;)
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright from www.NationalArchives.gov.uk
Nottinghamshire,Bulwell: Bowskill, Everley, Gent, Haywood, Houghton, Wilkinson.
Nottinghamshire, Mansfield:- Baxter
Buckinghamshire: Charlesworth, Fowler
Derbyshire:Brimington:- Adams, Baxter
London: Bird, Charlesworth, Coleman, Desmoulins, Everard, Jarman, Quinton, Richards
Italy: Gioffredi

Offline Lizrr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 12 January 06 17:00 GMT (UK) »
HORNBEAM TREE (Good Taste) - of cool beauty, cares for its looks and condition, good taste, is not egoistic, makes life as comfortable as possible, leads a reasonable and disciplined life, looks for kindness and acknowledgment in an emotional partner, dreams of unusual lovers, is seldom happy with its feelings, mistrusts most people, is never sure of its decisions, very conscientious

Liked the Cool beauty bit and the dreams of unusual lovers,yes yes yes, the rest is spot on lol.Had never heard of this tree so here it is.
Cairns, Daisley, Sharp, Glegg,Sneddon,Conn
Lilly, Howie/ Howe, O'Donnel. Doherty Harkin.Kelly,Granny,Hotchkiss

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 12 January 06 17:55 GMT (UK) »
WALNUT TREE (Passion) - unrelenting, strange and full of contrasts, often egotistic, aggressive, noble, broad horizon, unexpected reactions, spontaneous, unlimited ambition, no flexibility, difficult and uncommon partner, not always liked but often admired, ingenious strategist, very jealous and passionate, no compromise.

Sounds like me but I don't want to admit it because it's not the nicest tree in the woods.

Sharon
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 12 January 06 17:58 GMT (UK) »
re-checked it and my husband is also a Walnut and the one thing that stick out is no compromise, that sounds about right for both of us.

Sharon

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 13 January 06 02:30 GMT (UK) »

Rowan Tree (Sensitivity)  Full of charm, cheerful, gifted without egoism, likes to draw attention, loves life, motion, unrest and even complications, is both dependent and independent, good taste, artistic, passionate, emotional, good company, does not forgive - oh eck, I agree with that one, my workmates once gave me a cup with ' To err is human, to forgive is not my policy'

My Celtic birth sign has me as an Alder Tree:
The Alder people are born leaders, intelligent, competitive, intuitive and strong, they march to the beat of their own drum.  They court success, are natural entertainers and exude charm.  When challenged they can become short tempered and need to practice seeking peacful outcomes through listening and negotiation.

Barbara             ???
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline pretlia

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 15 January 06 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Interesting subject!

I'm a Maple Tree apparently, which is very appropiate living in Canada surrounded by loads of Maple Trees!  :D

MAPLE TREE (Independent) - no ordinary person, full of imagination and originality, shy and reserved, ambitious, proud, self-confident, hungers for new experiences, sometimes nervous, has many complexities, good memory, learns easily, complicated love life, wants to impress.

I must say that this is very close to what I'm like, although not quite sure about the 'no ordinary person' part! :)

Andrea
Banffshire, Scotland;  Baxter, Garrow, Ross, Cameron.   
Tyneside/Northumberland; Ayrshire, Scotland; Kennedy, Storey, Cook, Meldrum, Stafford, Smith, Armstrong.

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 15 January 06 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Well you would have to be living in Canada and all  ;D

Sharon

Offline little meg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 27 January 06 08:14 GMT (UK) »
I thought I would have been a bonsai  ;D ;D
margaret
Simpson-Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Overend-Sutton, Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Whitaker - Cononley/Yorkshire, Pickard - Silsden/Yorkshire, Howarth - Skipton/Yorkshire and Lancashire, Heaton-Yorkshire, Preston-Yorkshire, Myers-Yorkshire & Australia, Wild-Yorkshire & Australia. Storey-Middlesex/Australia

Offline Rebecca Steele

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 27 January 06 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Apparently, I fell from the Chestnut Tree .... and its surprisingly accurate! Not sure about the beauty thing though!

CHESTNUT TREE (Honesty) - of unusual beauty, does not want to impress, well-developed sense of justice, vivacious, interested, a born diplomat, but irritates easily and sensitive in company, often due to a lack of self confidence, acts sometimes superior, feels not understood, loves only once, has difficulties in finding a partner.

Chui

Morgan - Herefordshire, Worcestershire * Bullock - Worcestershire * Taylor - Gloucestershire, Worcestershire * Peverill/all/ell - Middlesex, Brighton, Essex * Knee - Gloucestershire, London area * Brenan - Any area * Steele - Dorset<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk