Author Topic: Henry Stables....Langdale. 1851-1871  (Read 14287 times)

Offline LancsLass

• I am sorry but my emails address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • All Census information is Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Stables....Langdale. 1851-1871
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hi....Yes he was the same one, we only found out about that a few months ago.
LL.
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.
Mallalieu/Mellodew. Ashton-u-Lyne/Saddleworth.

Offline Carrbank

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 17:51 BST (UK) »
As a local musician, I would be interested in any information that you have about his relationship with William Irwin. The music manuscript book belonging to Henry Stables is in the Vaughan Williams Library at Cecil Sharp House in London.
Was he an ancestor of Jonathan Stables the architect in Ambleside?

Offline LancsLass

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 18:09 BST (UK) »
Hi...Sadly we know very little about Henry's music.  My husbands Grandmother was the youngest child of Henry's youngest daughter Sarah Stables.
The family have lived in the Langdale valley for almost 2 hundred years.
My mother-in-law mentioned the Greenup's (they know the family)..Dorothy Greenup (as a widow) married William Irwin..Dorothy lived at Baysbrown House and the farm Baysbrown Farm is still in my husbands extended family to this day.
I know Henry did a fell walk just after William Irwin died..6 hours to climb Scafell Pike from Chapel Stile...well he was 81 years old !

The gunpowder works that William Irwin first worked at also features in this family...my husbands GtGrandfather was killed in a explosion there..
I would love to hear anything you might know about Henry...
I don't know Jonathan Stables..but if he is from that area is almost a sure bet he is one of the extended family....
LL.
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi folks
Can you take care you are not talking about living people here?   If the architect from Ambleside is still alive then you are contravening the rootschat policy on living people.  Please amend your post if he is.  (Click the modify button and alter it then click save)   
Many thanks
Andrea

Offline Carrbank

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 20:55 BST (UK) »
Sorry Andrea, I didn't realise about living people. But have no worries, he  died some time ago.
Hugh

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 21:36 BST (UK) »
That's good.   If you see what I mean!
Andrea

Offline LancsLass

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 19 May 09 23:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Carrbank....Just realised which Jonathan Stables you meant...he was the son of John & Jane Stables of Walthwaite..John was the son of Henry Stables and brother to my husbands GtGrandmother.
LL.