Author Topic: McWILLIAM & MILLROY  (Read 4024 times)

Offline gibsongirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McWILLIAM & MILLROY
« on: Thursday 12 January 06 17:22 GMT (UK) »
George McWILLIAM was b. 15 Mar 1749 (Bible) in Whithorn; he sailed aboard the "Gale" to New York in May of 1774. Also aboard that ship were John (b. 1735) and Elizabeth (b. 1738) MILLROY and their children: Mary age 12, Janet 10, Eliza. 8, Anthony 7, John 6, and Agnes 2. Mary MILLROY grew up to marry George McWILLIAM and they raised their family in Saratoga County, New York. George died in 1812 and Mary in 1840; both are buried at the Scotch Cemetery in Charlton, Saratoga County, New York. They were my gggg grandparents. I am hoping to learn of their early lives and families in Scotland and, hopefully, connect with living descendants. I have quite a lot of information about their lives and family here in America which I would be pleased to share. Last summer I was able to walk around their handsome 22-room homestead standing on the 100-acre farm they purchased in Saratoga County. I may well have been the last descendant to do so as the homestead is to be removed and restored elsewhere.

NB: In May of 1775 there was a Janet McWILLIAM, age 60, sailing to New York aboard the "Jackie". I believe this might have been the mother of George McWILLIAM, following her son who sailed the previous year.