Author Topic: Halliwell location, Northumberland and Cook family  (Read 8976 times)

Offline Lumber-Jack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Old Josiah
    • View Profile
Re: Halliwell location, Northumberland and Cook family
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 February 06 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dixymick,

I must extend my deepest apologies for not having responded sooner. Somehow or other I missed your response to my request on RootsChat! And your response was absolutely key to following my Family Tree back in the Bamburgh area. The information is invaluable and I am very grateful to you!

Best wishes,

Lumber-Jack
Cook, Coggins, Rutherford, Wheatley - Northumberland, Cumberland, Scotland, Australia
Baker, Tayler-  Sussex

Offline mazarataz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 June 06 07:46 BST (UK) »
I think the Charlton Cook age 4  in the 1851 census could be  my  gg grandfather William Powell Charlton Cook. b 25 th  Dec 1846 in Newcastle upon Tyne. although the census states Wylam. 
I have yet to sort out the other info i found on Rootschat but WPC Cook
married Jane Charlton and one of their children was named Euphemia so hence the name connection with Euphens.
Do you think that this is connected?

Maz

Offline Malcommon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 27 December 07 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lumberjack, I grew up in Bates Cottages which was part of Holywell and it was usually pronounced by the locals as Halliwell, it is on the A192 between Seaton Delaval and Earsdon. Whitley Bay,  and is now in North Tyneside but formerly Northumberland.  regards Malcolm