Author Topic: BACON, Essex  (Read 905 times)

Offline ernestine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BACON, Essex
« on: Sunday 15 January 06 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone out there have any further information on the Bacons of Steeple Bumpstead. My cousin and myself have done some research and have got info of John Bacon and Susan Nunn. Their children we have info on are Joseph William, Abigale Kate and Jervaise. Other children we do not have info on. Any info greatfully received.
Hardy (Derbyshire)
Bacon (Derbyshire/ Essex)
Harrison (Derbyshire/ Staffordshire)
Davies (Derbyshire/ Shropshire/ Staffordshire)
Buxton (Derbyshire)
Clayden (Essex)
Hardwick (Derbyshire - Nightingale connection?)
Nunn (Essex)
Shuttleworth (Derbyshire)
Woodhead (Derbyshire)
Wall (Derbyshire)

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
Re: bacons in Essex
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 January 06 20:39 GMT (UK) »
ernestine

You need to be more specific with your request! you need to inform of  dates and ages.........what exactly are we looking for here and what year/s?

If you are looking for a specific family and not a generic name in the form of Bacon you would be better off placing a lookup request in the Essex section where it would be looked at virtually immediately

I can tell you that their are 22 Bacon's in Steeple Bumpstead in 1841, but are we looking that far back? or are we looking even further back into Parish records?

Regards
Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk