Author Topic: Munro Family, Inverurie  (Read 6029 times)

Offline CC

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Munro Family, Inverurie
« on: Tuesday 13 January 04 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
I'm looking for  Munro in the Inverurie area. Also looking for Laird, Sellar, Hunter, Muir, Davidson, McKenzie, Lilly/Lillie. If you would like further info on any of these families please get in touch.
Have a great day
Carol

Offline missy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Munro Family, Inverurie
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 April 04 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am also looking for a Munro from Inveraray, His name is Duncan Munro born abt 1848 to Charles Munro and Catherine Campbell. He married a Sarah McQuater in 1874 in Govan Scotland. He had 6 brothers and sisters, Catherine,James,Mary,Donald,Isabella and Another Catherine, not too sure about that one! I have some info on Isabella but not the others. Would appreciate hearing from anyone in regards to him. Thank you. Carol M.

Offline CC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 April 04 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol
We were in touch a few years back. My Munro's were from Boyndie,Banffshire then John moved to Inverurie, Aberdeenshire. John Munro married Jessie Davidson in 1852 Inverurie. Some of their children moved to the Glasgow area. I have a few more details about some of the siblings of my grgrandfather Alexander Sutherland Munro, but have not come across any Donalds or Duncan Munro's.
Cheers
Carol

Offline missy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 April 04 19:13 BST (UK) »
 Hi Carol, yes I thought that was you. Was hoping someone might see something in my request and connect to it. You just never know! The other names I am looking for include:
Ferguson=Dumbarton
Logan = Greenock
Rew = Kincardineshire
McQuater=Kilmun
McTavish=Inveraray& Glenary
Campbell = Inveraray & Glenary

:)

Offline McTavish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 May 04 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hello

I would be very interested in any information regarding MAC/McTavish and Cambells in your area.  The Mac/McTavish family I am looking for lived on Mull.  Rev. Archibald MacTavish married Jean Campbell Cruachan 1742 and was a minister on Mull for abt. 40 years.  I have information that my Campbells came from Inverawe.  Grateful for any suggestions as I am hitting a VERY SOLID brick wall with the MacTavish side of the family.  In advance, many thanks.

Regards

Kirsten McTavish

Offline McTavish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 May 04 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am looking for information about Archibald MacTavish who married Jean Campbell (Inverawe) 1742 at Cruachan, Argyllshire.  He was a minister on Mull for abt. 40 years, but I don't know where he was born or who his parents were.  Would be grateful for any help/suggestions as I have hit a VERY SOLID brick wall with the MacTavish side of the family.  In advance, many thanks.

Regards

Kirsten McTavish

Offline missy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Kirsten, Sorry I am unable to help you in the search for information on McTavish. As I have just started that area of my research too and have found nothing other than the marriage of Mary McTavish to James Munro in 1789. And as for Campbell's I am looking for two actually on both sides of my family tree, one is a Catherine Campbell who married Charles Munro in 1835 and the other is a Elizabeth Campbell who married a Archibald Ferguson in 1816.
   Hope someone out there can help you, I know what it is like to hit a brick wall in this family research , it can be very frustrating to say the least.Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck to you. Missy.

Offline McTavish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 May 04 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Missy

Thanks anyway - it was worth a try and good luck with your search.

Kirsten

Offline McTavish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 14 June 04 22:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks Missy and Good Luck.

Kirsten