Author Topic: Munro Family, Inverurie  (Read 6030 times)

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Munro Family, Inverurie
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 17:58 BST (UK) »
Can I ask about the McKenzie on this page please . Ido have a Munro but I don’t have much on that one she was Janet Munro who’s son was William
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline CC

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hi... I havn't been able to get any info on Margaret McKenzie b abt 1796 and married to George Davidson.. In the 1841 census they were living on Affleck St Old Machar,Aberdeen…  As for there daughter Janet/Jessie Davidson she married John Munro in 1852 Inverurie, they did have a daughter Janet but died very young.. I have found most info on John and Jessie/Janet Davidson other children but at a complete blank for there oldest daughter Jane b 1852 Inverurie....
Sorry couldn't have been of more help
Stay safe
Carol

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 21:28 BST (UK) »
Inverurie's biggest employer was the locomotive works, there was a drift of their workers to Glasgow's Springburn which was the centre of railway works in Scotland.

Skoosh.