Author Topic: 1841 Census Look up Remington (or Remmington) Kent  (Read 991 times)

Offline Amylou

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 Census Look up Remington (or Remmington) Kent
« on: Sunday 15 January 06 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone be so kind as to look up the 1841 census for the name Remington (or sometimes written Remmington) in the county of Kent.  I am trying to find any ancestors that may have moved into Southfleet (1851 census), from surrounding areas, there are not that many Remingtons around, so they can't be far away.  Any advice would be great, as I am at my wits end!!
Thank you

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Look up Remington (or Remmington) Kent
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 January 06 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amylou

Welcome to Rootschat

It would be really helpful if you could post some details of the family that you are looking for ie. names/birthdates/birthplaces and where they next turn up and/or where they can be found previously.

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Amylou

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Look up Remington (or Remmington) Kent
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 January 06 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have gone back as far my g,g,g,grandfather who was James Remington born 1812 Southfleet, on his marriage cert his father is down as William Remington.  In the 1841 census I have James Remington aged 25 with Mary Remington 70.  I therefore thought Mary was his mother, but when I looked at the parish registers the only James Remington I could find was born 1812 to a William and Sarah Remington and baptised 1812 in Southfleet - but I cannot find any marriage in Southfleet of a Willaim Remington to a Mary or Sarah, nor a baptism of a William Remington etc - so my only hope is that the other Remingtons- if any, are in surrounding area, if that makes sense!  I'm just desperately trying to clear up the Mary/Sarah issue and find out where the family came from thanks for the help