Author Topic: Jones of Aston  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Jones of Aston
« on: Tuesday 17 January 06 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi !

I am researching my family tree and would love to know more information about my Husbands relatives from this area of Birmingham.  Our story begins with Arthur Edward Price born 1876 in Aston to Parents George Price (1851 Aston) and Ellen Holliday (1851 Derby).  Arthur was an electrical instrument maker by trade.  He married Jane Jones (1875 Aston) daughter of William Jones (1842 Flintshire) and Jane Bryan (1845 Wolverhampton).  After their marriage at St James Church Ashted in 1906, the couple moved to the Manchester Area. They adopted a son when it was thought that Jane could not conceive. In November 1925 a miracle happened and their daughter Gladys Price was born in Monton Eccles manchester, leading eventually to her daughter Glenys and her Son Michael, my husband.

Unfortunately, Jane died of cancer when Gladys was a young girl in the 1930's.  We would appreciate help in tracing the descendants of her siblings, Gladys is now 90 and would love to know what happened to the members of her family which stayed in the Aston area.

William Jones born 1842 in Flintshire, Wales married Jayne Bryan born 1845 Wolverhampton in 1865 Aston - their children were:

Elizabeth 1866 Lancashire
Emily 1869 Aston
William 1872 Aston
Jane 1875 Aston
Henry 1879 Aston
Clara 1880 Aston

We already have info from 1861 to 1901 but any further information about the family would be gratefully appreciated, however small.

Ta very much
Jan Tivey :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!