Author Topic: Anyone a descendant of Thomas HILL[ wife Jane-nee HARDING]?  (Read 3233 times)

Offline linet

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anyone a descendant of Thomas HILL[ wife Jane-nee HARDING]?
« on: Tuesday 17 January 06 23:10 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any descendants of Thomas Lockyer Hill, married Jane Harding, at Wellinton, Somerset 1812. I believe some of their family lived in Devon late 1800s.
Thanks
Linet

Offline krissy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Krissy always in the clouds
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone a descendant of Thomas Hill[ wife Jane-nee Harding]?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 February 06 11:11 GMT (UK) »
hi linet, i have  hardings in my family and they lived in a village called millbrook, our hardings connect to amelia jane welman who married thomas harding, they had a daughter amelia jane, however on some records she was classed as just jane ,do you have any other info to your hardings as there were a lot of them,
let me know, who knows they may be connected somewhere
krissy
jefferis, jefferies, harding, dewar.drummond, waterfield,wright

Offline linet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 04:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Krissy,

I haven't got the info that my Jane Harding 's first name was Amelia, but the name Amelia is in the family--maybe just a a coincidence. As far as I know,  Jane Harding  came from West Buckland.She married Thomas Hill 0ct 15th? 1812 .A few years later they went to Upton and farmed there at ''Upton Farm'' [in the Brendon Hills.] I think their farm is now a holiday cottage, I looked it up on the internet.
One of their sons, James, [ born at Upton 1830]came to Australia , abt 1848-54, he was my gr grandfather.The family story goes that he was a convict, granted a ticket-of -leave on arrival, but I have yet to find absolute proof of this.Do you know of anywhere in Somerset that I could try to find out?
If you come across any further info I would appreciate you letting me know.
Regards
Lyn[ from Australia]

Offline krissy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Krissy always in the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 01:45 GMT (UK) »
hi lyn.
seems that your hardings were well before mine though who knows since we havent completed the tree we may come across yours. in the meantime i will try to find some info for you re the convict link , its a possibility it will be with the devon record office so fingers crossed .
will get back to you soon
krissy(wales)
jefferis, jefferies, harding, dewar.drummond, waterfield,wright

Offline linet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 March 06 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi krissy,
Thanks so much re the offer to look up James Hill's convict past. His full name is James Frederick Hill.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Lyn

Offline mjhill61

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 January 11 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello
For anyone still looking for information on Thomas Lockyer Hill and Jane Harding, I have some registry information for Thomas and Jane including Thomas' baptism as well as his parents marriage registry. I paid for some research which turned out to be the wrong Thomas and Jane and I'm happy to send the images to someone who could make use of it.

Cheers
HILL, BRAGG and FRY surnames in Wellington, Somerset, England from 1791 to 1900.

HILL, RILEY, WHITESIDE and CARNEY surnames in Preston and Lancaster, Lancashire from 1850 to Present.

Offline LeChat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone a descendant of Thomas HILL[ wife Jane-nee HARDING]?
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 February 11 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Lockyer Hill and Jane Harding were my GGG Grandparents. There daughter Jane married a Robert Barrett and moved up to Bradford Yorkshire. Interested in finding other descendants from these two.

Offline mjhill61

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone a descendant of Thomas HILL[ wife Jane-nee HARDING]?
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 February 11 23:13 GMT (UK) »
If you're trying to find living descendants of this family, try Genes Reunited. It's really cheap, and the purpose of the site is to connect families. I have found three cousins doing research on the same family.

Good luck with your search

Mike
HILL, BRAGG and FRY surnames in Wellington, Somerset, England from 1791 to 1900.

HILL, RILEY, WHITESIDE and CARNEY surnames in Preston and Lancaster, Lancashire from 1850 to Present.