Author Topic: Re: Bexley Kent Vessey  (Read 898 times)

Offline Dianne

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Bexley Kent Vessey
« on: Saturday 14 January 06 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi again
I would like to know if anyone could find the marriage or death of
Lily Bertha Vessey  born to William Vessey & Eliza(nee Belcher ) May 29th 1890  Dartford Bexley Kent GosH I DO WISH THERE WAS A RESOURCE  BESIDES THE  ONES ON THE NET THAT WE COULD LOOK UP BEFORE SENDING OFF FOR BMD CERTIFICATES. IT HAS COST ME A FORTUNE
REGARDS
DIANNE
Vessey,Evison,Belcher,Markham, Mumby(all Lincolnshire)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 January 06 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The full GRO index is now available to search free of charge at www.ancestry.co.uk.  Copy certificates can be obtained online at www.gro.gov.uk

On marriage and birth certs, you can put a condition on your application that you only want it if the parents/fathers name was ???????  If it's the wrong one, you will only be charged a search fee which is approximately half the full cost.

It's more difficult with death certs as you have no way of knowing who reported the death etc.

From your comments, I assume you have only been using the free online resources which are far from complete.  The full GRO index has been available at www.1837online.com for about 2 years now but has just recently been made available free by Ancestry.co.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 March 06 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dianne

Did you manage to find a possible marriage/death for Lily Bertha?

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk